Motorola Fire XT

• Thread starter Thread starter mhsabir
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 4,259
Clicking on above link gave me this: (blocked by OpenDNS)Phishing Site BlockedPhishing is a fraudulent attempt to get you to providepersonal information under false pretenses.

HTML:
http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/IN-EN/Consumer-Products-and-Services/Mobile-Phones/MOTOROLA-FIRE-IN-EN
how about this?

Wow, its giving me phishing site blocked for anything starting with goo.gl 😀

----------

HTML:
http-~~-//www.motorola.com/Consumers/IN-EN/Consumer-Products-and-Services/Mobile-Phones/MOTOROLA-FIRE-IN-EN

how about this?

You gave me link to Motorola Fire... but this new model is touchscreen and called Motorola Fire XT, this is still not there on website.

Actually infact I just noticed that Motorola Fire and Fire XT are pretty much same (for features that I want)

And non-XT wud be cheaper if they launch Dual SIM. 😀

----------

OT: that OpenDNS and goo.gl issue seems to have been resolved. Seems like OpenDNS added it by mistake!

Haha, you are now talking like media, TRP hungry 😀

Been looking to buy an Android phone in the 10k-15k category since a few days and had decided on the Samsung Galaxy Ace when this model got launched! Dammit! Another phone to choose from!! This does seem better than the Galaxy Ace in a few aspects, viz... more battery life, better video recording, this one has more internal memory, the fire xt also has a ambient light sensor and digital compass (which the galaxy ace doesn't). I think the only drawback to this phone is that there isn't no review out there yet, so you cant be too sure!!! Everything else between the two phones is the same, although I prefer the looks of the Ace, this one seems a little casual with those curves. Comparison here: Motorola FIRE XT vs. Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 - GSMArena.com

There are a few differences between the Fire & Fire XT too. The Fire XT packs better features, apart from the QWERTY keyboard. The XT has a faster processor, better camera, more RAM, thinner profile, and also the front facing camera which is absent in the Qwerty model. Comparison here: Motorola FIRE XT vs. Motorola FIRE XT311 - GSMArena.com This QWERTY edition, should be selling for just under 10k.

Anyone with any tips on whether I should/should not buy this phone, please do share. I intend to buy a phone within the next few days and would appreciate any suggestions, of any kind!!

when it comes to android devices, you buy a model that fits your budget and is the best device for that price. if you wait, the confusion is only going to increase. newer models are launched almost on a weekly basis!

Anyone with any tips on whether I should/should not buy this phone, please do share. I intend to buy a phone within the next few days and would appreciate any suggestions, of any kind!!

Yep Motorola Fire XT looks best. I am also waiting for review (and possible Dual SIM model).

If you buy it then please post your reviews. Please also let me know if tethering (connecting PC to internet via mobile) is possible.

----------

Infibeam selling it for 12000Rs with free shipping to India instead of 13000 by flipkart.

Motorola Fire XT + Free 2 GB Card Price India, Motorola Fire XT + Free 2 GB Card Review & Features, Buy Motorola Mobiles - Infibeam.com

Btw I called Motorola customer care: 180030004343

They said, Dual SIM is not yet available yet but refused to mention if it will be launced OR not.

Also CC said, tethering is possible.

Can few of you ask for Dual SIM versions please!! If more people ask then they might add Dual SIM version.

I am sure in couple on months we could have user and expert review available online, and also price may go down by 1-2 K in local markets 😀