Slow speed in BBG Combo ULD 1350 Plan

ISP
BSNL
With regretful heart I am complaining about the slow broadband speed which I am getting since over a month now. I have taken the BBG Combo ULD 1350 broadband plan which says that I should get 4 MBPS upto 20 GB, 512 beyond 20 GB (screenshot attached). But I am getting the bandwidth around 200 KBPS only. I am very disappointed to say that since last month I am regularly complaining about the same to our local exchange i.e. Morinda and also in Ropar but nothing is working out for me. I am still on a low speed.As per the broadband plan, I should get: 4MBPS bandwidth, but I get around 200 kbps only.As per the broadband plan, I should get: (4*1024=4096, 4096/8) 512kbps download speed.For single download, I am getting around 20kbps.and for parallel multiple downloads, I am getting 150 kbps to 200 kbps.I am a very loyal and old customer of BSNL and I really feel very upset about my slow broadband connection speed. I am facing this problem since more than a month. In the beginning, when I upgraded my broadband plan to BBG Combo ULD 1350 from BB Home Combo UL 750, I used to get very good speed but that was just for few days. And now, I am stuck with this slow speed. Please look into this matter seriously and get it resolved asap. I believe you will not disappoint me. Please do the needful.

Since you were already getting good speeds before upgrading i don't think there is an issue with the line(SNR), it could a configuration issue at the BSNL Exchange end. So keep calling them until they resolve it.

I recently moved from ULD 900 to ULD1350 & am getting stable DL speeds b/w 400-450 kBps. Speed test show this:

Have they(BSNL) increased the cap to 4mbps(can be checked in your modem page)?
Even i upgraded my plan to uld 1350 recently. Wrote a letter to the nodal officer and the cap was lifted in a couple of days.

Have they(BSNL) increased the cap to 4mbps(can be checked in your modem page)?
Even i upgraded my plan to uld 1350 recently. Wrote a letter to the nodal officer and the cap was lifted in a couple of days.

If you meant increasing it to 4Mbps as the downstream rate as shown in modem page, it was already showing 4Mbps even in my old plan ULD 900 because i think that plan offered 4Mbps upto 8gb then speeds reduce to 256 Kbps

----------

sorry i just realized that this question was for coldfiredesigns

If you meant increasing it to 4Mbps as the downstream rate as shown in modem page, it was already showing 4Mbps even in my old plan ULD 900 because i think that plan offered 4Mbps upto 8gb then speeds reduce to 256 Kbps

----------

sorry i just realized that this question was for coldfiredesigns

Yes thats what i meant.

Since coldfiredesigns says he is a very old customer and was in uld 750, i guess that the rate would be 2mps only coz that was the max speed offering before.

Thank you guys! My issue was fixed from the telephone exchange people only. But, I have to call them 'many times' to get it fixed. Now I get good download and surfing speed. Well it depends on the server also from where you are downloading the file. On good servers/websites I get around 400-500 kbps download speed.I hope BSNL people donot mess up my internet again! lol ... Thanks once again for spending your precious time to listen and reply to my problem.

I also switched to this plan recently.. and I am getting speeds of ~1.7mbps.. less than half of 4 mbps.. what should I be checking?

Check the Downstream (RX) line rate in your modem status page.Tell the SDE to reset the Downstream (RX) line rate to 4096

Check the Downstream (RX) line rate in your modem status page.
Tell the SDE to reset the Downstream (RX) line rate to 4096

Thanks.. you are right.. it is showing this.
32.5 27.8
30.5 16.5
12.3 18.3
13537 1245
1996 496

[TD="class: hd, bgcolor: #E0E0E0"]SNR Margin (dB):[/TD]

[TD="class: hd, bgcolor: #E0E0E0"]Attenuation (dB):[/TD]

[TD="class: hd, bgcolor: #E0E0E0"]Output Power (dBm):[/TD]

[TD="class: hd, bgcolor: #E0E0E0"]Attainable Rate (Kbps):[/TD]

[TD="class: hd, bgcolor: #E0E0E0"]Rate (Kbps):[/TD]

So, looks like that is the bottleneck.

@akshayxyz

Previously all BSNL BB plans were max 2 mpbs so they used to set the max downstream rate to approx 2048.

As you are on 4 mbps plan the data rate for you port needs to be set to 4096.

Contact your exchange SDE or file a complaint here
CONSUMER GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL MECHANISM IN BSNL

Thanks man.
Contacted exchange people of my area, and got it done within 5-10 minutes.

I am also traveling in the same boat. Requested for a plan change last week as of now still in progress did follow up with customer care and exchange, lady said they need to make server end changes and change the mapping it will take time can take up to a week to 10 days, i said thats a long time, gave the contact details for Area Manager, will follow up with them tomorrow for making it happen faster.

What speed you are getting now?
400 KBPS ?

Consistently getting this since they made the change at about 12 noon.

also, this is apparent from modem settings too

27.4 27.9
30.5 16.5
12.4 19.0
15017 1213
3998 493

[TD="class: hd, bgcolor: #E0E0E0"]SNR Margin (dB):[/TD]

[TD="class: hd, bgcolor: #E0E0E0"]Attenuation (dB):[/TD]

[TD="class: hd, bgcolor: #E0E0E0"]Output Power (dBm):[/TD]

[TD="class: hd, bgcolor: #E0E0E0"]Attainable Rate (Kbps):[/TD]

[TD="class: hd, bgcolor: #E0E0E0"]Rate (Kbps):[/TD]

earlier the highlighted number was 1996.

Another query, for whoever can answer - since this is unlimited plan ( with fair usage limit of 20GB), will I be able to track usage on data.bsnl.in? So that I know when I am approaching the limit as it will bring down the speed to 512kbps.