• Thread starter Thread starter kaura
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 12,788

kaura

ISP
bsnl
BSNL increases 3G data plans
In 3G plans, BSNL is touted as the cheapest amongst all network operators, as far as pricing is concerned, at least. We definitely had high hopes on better network coverage and infrastructure along with cheaper rates, but it seems the opposite has happened. According to Telecom Talk , BSNL have announced a hike in their 3G data plans with no mention whatsoever of a better network coverage.

The new plans will be effective from 16th September, 2011 and there have been a few additions and subtractions to the earlier plans. Also, usage after plan exhaustion has been increased from 2p/10 KB to 4p/10 KB for both postpaid and prepaid subscribers. These tariff plans have been revised in accordance with the 43rd amendment of telecom tariff order issued by TRAI. A detailed chart of BSNL's new plans can be viewed below

This further accentuates the report by Business Standard , which states that mobile tariffs are exponentially on the rise as operating costs are increasing as service providers, themselves, are under massive pressure to get rid of the high debts for acquiring 3G and broadband wireless access (BWA) spectrum, last year. With such irregularity and solidarity in the current plans, do you think it is wise in opting for a 3G plan, well-knowing that the tariffs are susceptible to fluctuations?
PLZ COMMENT ON THIS

hope they dont change the unlimited plan presently running for Ipad Users.

That was predictable as subsidy is withdrawn by govt. in other areas for bsnl special projects, mainly villages.

Idiots BSNL.
Even postpaid has been increased.

Earlier it was 250 per month, then it went to 189 for 3 months, now they have jacked it up to Rs.369 per month.
:: BSNL 3G ::

How is country going to achieve net connectivity with such abysmal price points, if the service is worth it than one can compromise but BSNL 3G is good only in few small areas and they are charging like bloody Apple. **** them.

there's little hope in 3G now, 5mhz of spectrum & high bidding prices made sure data remains a low key affair. I think at best in India 3G can work as a base for voice in the near future.If one is using 3g primarily for high amt. of data wait for lte/4g to come, they 'might' be a better alternative.:stop:

there's little hope in 3G now, 5mhz of spectrum & high bidding prices made sure data remains a low key affair. I think at best in India 3G can work as a base for voice in the near future.
If one is using 3g primarily for high amt. of data wait for lte/4g to come, they 'might' be a better alternative.:stop:
WEll i learnt just today that reliance was the only operator who bought 3G license for all the states in indiA! (pan-india license) for 13ooocrores+!
and all the other operators just bought it for a small number of states! then why are all those operators crying over 3G licenses when it should be reliance who should be crying? O.O

there's little hope in 3G now, 5mhz of spectrum & high bidding prices made sure data remains a low key affair. I think at best in India 3G can work as a base for voice in the near future.
If one is using 3g primarily for high amt. of data wait for lte/4g to come, they 'might' be a better alternative.:stop:

LTE is even more expensive in infrastructure terms, 3G hasn't reached full territorial reach yet across India, when LTE comes around its going to be same as 3G is now, we are stuck in a perpetual loop of mediocrity.
3G is good enough for data services if its properly laid out.

I am so pissed right now, no country can progress without connectivity, earlier it was roads/routes/infrastructure now its technological communication. Babus in India seem to think progress happens automatically year on year.
Argggggggggggg.