advice reqired- can a pre-configured wi-fi router be used?

Piyush Chandra

Curious!
ISP
BSNL-DSL
hi....everyone!!I have a friend who had a wireless bsnl bb connection at his flat long back.Now he doesn't have the connection anymore because the bill incurred was high and he never paid it.But he has the bsnl's wi-fi modem which is no use to him now. he is sellling it off for 1000k approx.If I take that modem and use it in my connection (currently on adsl2+ type II modem). will that be possible?also will the modem be confirgured with my bb username and password....Will be wifi modem be working 100% on my connection.

obviously. when you input your own user data, it will work on your line also.

You can test it and buy . Check my sticky Post Wa33002-g4 quick referencefor details/settings of the modem/router.If he had used it in Dialer Mode of BSNL BB connection, you can use your ID/PWin the "Dialer" in Computer and connect .If he had used it in PPPoE ( Always On") mode enter your USERid/PW in theWan page.Mention present modem number /make ,and details of proposed purchase of WIFI model.

that mean i can use it anywhere in my home to have wifi signals.thats a pretty cheap catch.the wi-fi modem is provided by bsnl only,,,rite now i don know the model make and no.but will let you know by enquiring about it.

yes my laptop has atheros both wifi and virtual wifi miniport adapter.

----------actually from couple of days m trying to make my laptop a wi-fi hotspot
for my phone to share the wired lan i have. tried lots of things.
read lots. but everything in vain. so finally i think i have to do it thru a hardware.

yes have tried most of the apps including few are...connectifyvirtual routermhotsoptipnetworkbut the phone get the network but doesn get registered.

Yes, any BSNL WiFi modem will work in your connection. All you have to do is to change the ID and password to your's. As essbebe mentioned, take it to your place, check it and see if it is working before you pay.

You can also do it without using any app. just make a new wifi access point, and bridge it with the broadband LAN connection. It worked perfect for me till the time I purchased a wi-fi modem.

You can also do it without using any app. just make a new wifi access point, and bridge it with the broadband LAN connection. It worked perfect for me till the time I purchased a wi-fi modem.

hi can u tell me the detailed steps how to do that plz......
it would be very helpfull....

@aatuif

Can you please explain the steps for that. If possible, with screen shots. Will be beneficial to many users. Also, will this be detected by the Android and Symbian phones ?

yes plz that will be very helpful.
i think all phones having wifi can detect it. the major catch comes when u have to share ur internet connection with the wifi and the phone cant get registered on the wifi ntwork created to do that.

----------

@essbebe

its the second in the 3rd row. the image is of LQ so cant tell the model no. but it is pretty much it.