Unable to connect to the Internet on Trump prepaid

indianarchie

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
Jan 7, 2006
I have a Nokia n8 and a prepaid connection. I am unable to access the internet ever since my phone was reformatted.

I took my phone to the Nokia service center where it was formatted completely and then flashed with Symbian Anna. Once home, I restored the data using ovi suite. However, internet access no longer works, even after deleting all existing access points, and creating a single new access point with the settings found here, and setting the network mode to dual mode. Even setting network mode to 3g does not work. Each time when I try to open any site using opera/default symbian browser, the phone gives a message "Conn Failed. Conn Unavailable." This is for both, 3g and edge/gprs. Any idea what the problem could be?

I was initially on the jeevansaathi 1p/sec plan (before the phone was reformatted) and then recharged with the bonus coupon of 55 (after reformatting) to get 1p/sec even while roaming. After recharging with the 55 coupon, I inserted a new MTNL SIM to activate it, then removed it and went back to the previous one which I am currently facing a problem with.

mustans

Sep 5, 2011
Each time when I try to open any site using opera/default symbian browser, the phone gives a message "Conn Failed. Conn Unavailable." This is for both, 3g and edge/gprs. Any idea what the problem could be?

What area are you in? There has been internet problem on MTNL the last few days..

indianarchie

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
Jan 7, 2006
What area are you in? There has been internet problem on MTNL the last few days..

The problem started when I was in south bombay between 3rd-4th sept. Since then I am in pune and the problem still persists.

pratikr

Regular
Regulars
Jan 21, 2009
Delhi
no dude.... only *444#

Try *445#. it's for special tariff & validity info.

mpkapadia

Sep 8, 2011
Hello AllI have recently got a Mtnl prepaid sim about a month back . Was using it sparingly in my data card as needed . It worked well till i loaded a data plan on the same yesterday night.I am in Mtnl Mumbai . Recharged it for Rs 450 - 1 gb for 1 month.My problem today is that i am just not able to remain logged on to the net . Mobile partner disconnects on me in 2 minutes or less. Any other mtnl User in mumbai facing this ptoblem . NETWORK SHOWS FULL OR ALMOST FULL.Also when i sent message ENQ FREE to " 444 " it gives me the balance ( calling ) left But when i use *445# it says Dear Subscriber,You do not have any temporary tariff plan. To enjoy lower call rate please recharge with tariff plan coupon.Is it not supposed to give me same details that i get on 444 when i send out this message.I need to know if I am doing something wrong or its an MTNL Fault.Let me know what shall I do.

indianarchie

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
Jan 7, 2006
Try *445#. it's for special tariff & validity info.

*445# gives the message "Dear subscriber, your trump one paise for all plan will expire on 29/2/2012".

*444# gives the message "your account balance is rupees 416.52 and valid up to 23/6/2016".

@anant.del: What kind of server issues? Do they prevent internet connectivity completely (I cant access the net at all.) Also, since I am currently in pune (roaming on BSNL network) would MTNL's server problems still apply here?