BSNL.Modem Bricked. HELP PLZ.....

Piyush Chandra

Curious!
[OP]
Regulars
Aug 30, 2011
Hi everyone.Im in a real hard problem and cant figure its way out.I have a bsnl bb connc. running bsnl type 2 adsl2+ cpe/ide modem (AN1020-20).i was facing freq. disconnc. problem so wt i did i factory resetted the whole modem from the login page (192.168.1.1).From then onwrds i reconfigured internet config (pppoe) but now the green light is not cuming at all. only the power and dsl (yellow) light os dre. Threr is no internet light. and i cant connect to net unless its onhow can i fix it. have i bricked.my modem. is it damaged. everythin workin ok excpt he green light doesn lights upafter tje dsl light gets conatant.Also i did hardware reset. (back side reset button in tje.modem.guys need ur urgent help. how can i fix it and do ot back to normal so that tje green lights shows up again ???????

aatuif

the geek in chief
Regulars
Feb 22, 2011
as far as i know, if your adsl link is stable then your modem should be ok.try connecting in bridge mode, i.e. giving username & password !!

Piyush Chandra

Curious!
[OP]
Regulars
Aug 30, 2011
Yes my dsl link is stable and i have went tbrough the mannual posted and have done exactly thatstill my dsl is stable but green light hasnt turnd up yet. o dont know wats the problem.have also talked.to bsnl officials dey say that progrmming hat gyi hai.Have filed.a complain but the guy hasnt turned up since yezterday. Have reconfigured using ppoe as it was before but yet.no success.Wt to do now. is resetting such a bad thing. its been two days now.wt else can i do.

aatuif

the geek in chief
Regulars
Feb 22, 2011
no. resetting shouldn't do any harm other than the pain of reconfiguring again.

----------

try bridge mode and see what error you get !!!

Piyush Chandra

Curious!
[OP]
Regulars
Aug 30, 2011
Idon.have a wifi so no use of the above posyed link its clearly mentioned that its adsl2+ so its wired.

Piyush Chandra

Curious!
[OP]
Regulars
Aug 30, 2011
GOOD NEWS GUYS~~
My internet just connected and showing green light. i called up the main bb offcial at the bsnl office...
.wthe did he provided me with a wrong password. She said it has to be in caps. but realising it wasnt the fact.
I again talked to them and want confirmed this time that it would connect but it did.

but guys i m facing frequent disconnection (majorly in the mornings)

SNR (DOWNSTREAM) - 37.5 (UPSTREAM) - 24.5

LINE ATTENUATION (DOWNSTREAM) - 30.5 (UPSTREAM) - 19.5

its been since a week that I am m facing this trouble and majorly in the mornings.
it gets connected and disconnected very frequently. and it did just now. and also dsl takes time to be stable.
also checked my line...my line is fine

so what should i do in this case.
----------
is my line readings bad? have check the readings in the link given above
but it doesn confirm that it upstream or downstream.....?

essbebe

Regulars
Aug 20, 2006
I dont.have a wifi so no use of the above postyed link its clearly mentioned that its adsl2+ so its wired.
Which link ?
bsnl type 2 adsl2+ cpe/ide modem (AN1020-20).
the menu pages are diffferent ?
Post as a link the connection status screen shot of your modem.