Why the hell are filesharing sites still banned on reliance netconnect +

Status
Not open for further replies.
ISP
Beam Fiber
Iam a new user of reliance netconnect+ and just today i found that none of the filesharing websites are working!! 🙁 RS MU HF MF ALL ARE NOT WORKING!!!i heard they are blocked temporarily due to release of singham !! but now singham is not even playing in big theaters !!! :L so why the ban is still in effect!!? Due t release of Bodyguard!!?? :blink3:

You answered it yourself. It is Bodyguard. Reliance has produced both these films

yes havent you hear it, they have PRO ACTIVELY Banned those websites just download the stuff already from somwhere else, I am betting its not even that good to watch....

BUT SOME OF MY FILES ARE ONLINE!!!i didnt knew abt this ban until my friend called me up and asked abt the files!! :x then whats the use of buying an account on those sites..!?!?

heh. when you bought accounts on these services, i bet you had an idea that they are not really legit services. in any case, you cannot do much about it if the courts have ruled in favor of the ban.

its not RS or MU's problem its reliance the dick heads problem, now why dont you just search the words in my signature get the idea and use that proxy......

----------

heh. when you bought accounts on these services, i bet you had an idea that they are not really legit services. in any case, you cannot do much about it if the courts have ruled in favor of the ban.
I beg you pardon, how are these service not legal, they have space, they advertise space for x amount of money, you buy yhe space for time and money thats it, They dont know what OTHERs keep there,
Its not illegal
USE EM through the teeth...

they are legal of course on paper. but they are not really reputed enough that you can justify complaining not being able to access them.

how would you like it if your ISP looks into their logs and take out the relevant data connected to your downloads of illegal material from these services?

we are pretty lucky here in india that online piracy is not high priority for the law enforcement agencies here. so stop giving me the bullshit about the legality of file sharing sites and bittorrent networks.

in the end, there are probably no relevant laws in the country that can be used to target the ISPs for blocking sites for no apparent reason.

this is the reason why network neutrality is something that needs to be looked into and made into an appropriate law.

they are very much legit sites and many infact all the courts in THEIR countries have ruled them as legit, it is what ppl upload there, which is none of their business to check, the media companies if they find any infringing files can easily go through the DMCA way for U.S hosted sites, they all have safe harbor protection. plus the courts never asked for any banning of site it is isps acting as cops, jury and executioner, it is wrong interception of an court order . all that aside throw reliance out and get another connection.

DMCA is a US based law. I am just saying a simple thing here. How would you like it if online piracy is taken as seriously in India as it is now being taken in America and Europe? It is eventually going to be the same here. Almost all international media giants have official presence in the country and then we have local giants like Reliance involved in the media industry. How long do you think they would continue to let it run like this? Eventually, Reliance and the others would collaborate and lobby for laws that would result in a similar mess here in India that we already have in USA and Europe.

I am not sure how did realiance got them banned ?? under what section and what law they got banned....

DMCA is a US based law. I am just saying a simple thing here. How would you like it if online piracy is taken as seriously in India as it is now being taken in America and Europe?

It is eventually going to be the same here. Almost all international media giants have official presence in the country and then we have local giants like Reliance involved in the media industry.

How long do you think they would continue to let it run like this?

Eventually, Reliance and the others would collaborate and lobby for laws that would result in a similar mess here in India that we already have in USA and Europe.

legit is what the rules of the hosting country are, here there are no laws , but an isp cannot block any site on the mere suspicion that one of their products could be shared there. before having servers and other online storage i have used RS and MU extensively to upload docs and backs ups , send big files for work very easily , and some people still use it for that purpose, DLL service is not A P 2P2 service dude.

^ that was a edit i was making to my above post.

infact it would be better to come out with some laws on this so it is clear , from legal POV reliance is in wrong here. from the earlier thread one this, if someone has time and lawyers they could in for some harsh times. by willful wrong interception of an court order they are opening themselves to it. and other isps are too lame here to fight it it.

MPAA/RIAA can never lobby here their 1st opponents will be bollywood itself , nearly a good 50 to 60 % media from bw is ripped from hollywood. plus telcos here are the real lobbyists not media companies.

MPAA/RIAA can never lobby here their 1st opponents will be bollywood itself

you are forgetting the fact that reliance is actually producing movies in hollywood these days. and fox and warner are actually producing bollywood movies these days.

and we have our own version of MPAA and RIAA. it is just that they are not really working hard enough to tackle online piracy in india. but that would change of course.

t-series has been already very active on protecting their copyright. same goes for yash raj. reliance is just setting an example which would probably be followed by all other production houses.

just wait for the big launches. Ra.One, Don 2... similar cases would be filed. this is just the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.