Why the hell are filesharing sites still banned on reliance netconnect +

Status
Not open for further replies.
Operamanic, it wont be usefull in long term you know that, Its self correcting, I dont use RS any more but I had to I will use the VPN tunnel or the least I can do is newgroup, Mofo's cant stop it..... But its another matter that the crap bollywoods put out isnt worthwatchable anyways, but If I have to access I will access the websites...

heh i suppose. reliance has proven that by filing a simple lawsuit, they can get ISPs to block access to file sharing services for a couple of days. i mean this is pretty impressive shit for too little work.

and this is reliance we are talking about. they can easily lobby for stricter laws related to online privacy and other shit and makes thing even more shitty for us. 🙂

----------

heh yeah. VPN tunnel and a few other methods are probably the safest options left for the select few of us. 😀

you are forgetting the fact that reliance is actually producing movies in hollywood these days. and fox and warner are actually producing bollywood movies these days.

and we have our own version of MPAA and RIAA. it is just that they are not really working hard enough to tackle online piracy in india. but that would change of course.

t-series has been already very active on protecting their copyright. same goes for yash raj. reliance is just setting an example which would probably be followed by all other production houses.

just wait for the big launches. Ra.One, Don 2... similar cases would be filed. this is just the beginning.

am not forgetting, i have been the one harping here that content providers are service providers too , that leads for weak web as we can see in that ruling which is all wrong for all wrong reasons too, any other isp could have challenged it in court as it would have happened anywhere in world. isps do not police the net.

reliance is in big tie up with dreamworks from hollywood, fox , Warner are all here and there have been already cases where Indian producers have settled outside court with them .

and yes this just the beginning of things to come unless some one takes the 1st step and fights it out or you are looking at at very censored net here.

as for copy rights laws Indian govt pov is clear , we care about our copy rights not yours , that is why India and china were the 1st ones to derail ACTA.

copy right amendment law 2010 is till stuck in parliament cause the industry would not give the real rights holders their due , as is the case all over the world, but according to the draft of the bill online file sharing for personal use was legit as is the case with current laws in place .

all in all things would get real interesting if we continue to have judges who cannot even turn on their computers !!

i am more concerned about network neutrality. copyright is a minor thing in comparison. i mean i had pay for movies if they were available legally in india. there are simply no options available to us. i actually watched bheja fry 2 on youtube. it was free. it was legal. youtube player is awesome. and quality was pretty nice. network neutrality and (lack of availability of) cheap bandwidth are two important problems with indian internet scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.