• Thread starter Thread starter amar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 7,250

amar

Senior
ISP
TataSky BB, Jio-4G, Airtel-4G
Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) finally today announced 27th September 2011 as the date of implementation for Telecom Commercial Communications Customer Preference (Sixth Amendment) Regulations, 2011. to stop the menace of telemarketing SMSes.India’s Telecom regulator said that “Every Access Provider (Telecom/Mobile Operators) shall withdraw before the 26th September, 2011 all telecom resources allocated to a telemarketer except those telecom resources which have been allocated in accordance with the provisions of the regulations.”Source:: TT

Great news. But it still remains to be seen how much compliance we see with these regulations. Hope TRAI is able to use some teeth & claw as well.

Great news. But it still remains to be seen how much compliance we see with these regulations. Hope TRAI is able to use some teeth & claw as well.
O.O great news.? GREAT NEWS?!!! HOWS THIS A GREAT NEWS??! i use atleast 200-300 sms per day! :x from now on...what should i do..!!?!?

PS: every month bill for my mobile....
11Rs- Message pack! (1paisa per message)
50Rs recharge

NOW.... Rs100000000000 for just recharge! :C

NO, If you require to send more than 100 sms, you can get the facility after submitting a written application. Thats what I just heard on Aaj Tak. Lets check out if any such detail is available on internet.

I too used to send more than 100 messages until my cell refused to let go any sort of outgoing message. But still i am happy. Atleast there will be some tab on the no. of spam messages we receive!

yeap!! one thing i didnt understood clearly is why the hell they took 45 days to add my number into "Do not call registry" (which is shite by the way) i mean once they recieve message it should automatically go into registry...how hard is that.?!

Yeah! I received an SMS about it.I am sort of sad because, mmm I am on 500 SMS per day pack 🙁

Just got SMS from MTNL that 100SMS/day has been put in place from immediate effect!!

This won't stop advertisers... Just got this sms.. How shameless ..

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/20/photoe.png/