Which Adsl Wireless Router Is Good?

• Thread starter Thread starter ferns
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 10,219

ferns

ISP
Hathway New Easyway 128-1
Hi Guys,I want to purchase an ADSL Wireless router i want to know which one is da best? I found out da price of D-Link DSL-G604T which cost around Rs 6100/-. I have heard of brands link Linksys & Netgear but i am not able to get them in mumbai.Thanks & regardsDerek

QUOTE(Derek @ Aug 31 2006, 02:30 PM) [snapback]60628[/snapback]
Hi Guys,

I want to purchase an ADSL Wireless router i want to know which one is da best? I found out da price of D-Link DSL-G604T which cost around Rs 6100/-. I have heard of brands link Linksys & Netgear but i am not able to get them in mumbai.

Thanks & regards
Derek
[/b]

A DLink GLB 502T costs Rs 1800/- (Lamington road) and a Netgear wgr514(Lamington road) would cost you Rs 2300/- . This was 1 month back. Maybe its gone down a bit.

So you end up saving quite a bit by buying 2 separate units.

Again if you plan to change your ISP this combo unit would be of no use.

+ you never know what the MTNL guys would say when they see a G604T with you , since it is not on their approved list. Those guys are very mechanical in doing their work when they 1st come for the setting up process. Not much techy knowledge.

QUOTE(ritesh @ Aug 31 2006, 03:01 PM) [snapback]60633[/snapback]

So you end up saving quite a bit by buying 2 separate units.

[/b]

Hey Ritesh...

thanks 4 da advise pal...
any idea where will i get this Netgear wgr514 @ Lamington road any particular shop?

Thanks & Regards,
Derek

QUOTE(Derek @ Aug 31 2006, 03:20 PM) [snapback]60634[/snapback]
Hey Ritesh...

thanks 4 da advise pal...
any idea where will i get this Netgear wgr514 @ Lamington road any particular shop?
Thanks & Regards,
Derek
[/b]

i got it from a shop called plug in or something.
Its on the main road just opp the police station.
Looked like a decent shop thats why I entered it, but that dude got it from somewhere else over the phone and gave it to me.
I got a receipt and 1 yr warranty(i dont know if its the shop or netgear, but netgear support is in bangalore and delhi).

Just try out a couple of decent looking shops now that you know the price.
Its wgr514v5 (U get v7 also) so any v should be okay.
The box should be sealed (with plastic wrap on it) and name of importer sticker( Mostly rashi perpherials is the importer) which means that its genuine.

QUOTE(ritesh @ Aug 31 2006, 05:56 PM) [snapback]60648[/snapback]
i got it from a shop called plug in or something.
Its on the main road just opp the police station.
Looked like a decent shop thats why I entered it, but that dude got it from somewhere else over the phone and gave it to me.
I got a receipt and 1 yr warranty(i dont know if its the shop or Netgear, but netgear support is in bangalore and delhi).

Just try out a couple of decent looking shops now that you know the price.
Its wgr514v5 (U get v7 also) so any v should be okay.
The box should be sealed (with plastic wrap on it) and name of importer sticker( Mostly rashi perpherials is the importer) which means that its genuine.
[/b]

Hey thanks pal ...u have been of great help 🙂