I want to learn PHP

• Thread starter Thread starter rukna
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 8,737

rukna

After getting the help from the Moderator of forum about addition of .htaccess
solution of my problem (which indeed was very small, but very big till i got the solution) , made me curious to learn more.

I want learn php but u know i dont do lot of study. So sombody help me how i start learning the php stuff while doing practically things..

any online reference doint give me links of ebooks.

give me some links from where i can do something like i did with small .htaccess file .
pretty confused.. about my requirments.
I think u know y i am writing this post..... 😛

If no then i am smart B)

php is intense man

ur exactly like me rukna .no effrtsd and max. result :lol: in case u find somethin useful then post it here or send me a PM. 😉

There's some PDFs over here (I mean me), if you'd like it.Then, the official website itself has huge html download of manuals.All these involve time (for you to read all over it....), so I don't know if that's what you're looking for.

there are some video tutorials which are freely availiable on the emule/edonkey network.search "php" and select filetype "avi".I recommend emule plus.

I am in the same situation..... so I recently got a book called "The PHP5 and MySQL Bible" by Tim Converse... It cost Rs. 400 at Om bookstore. So far it's a pretty good book... the only problem is, as much as the author has tried to make it accessible to beginners, in some portions it's a little dense.... but if you have already played with another programming language (and are capable with HTML) you should be in good hands with this book....

I have 2 sites that offer free tutorials/ebooks: www.vexat.net and www.bnetsupport.com/sidebar.html

PS: Nah! not promoting my site, just trying 2 help out ppl 🙂

If you already have some task at hand (e.g. some site that you want to build) then its easier since it will give you a sense of purpose....Learn what you need to getcurrent task done, and after 3 - 4 sites you will be a pro

I'd suggest you to learn C first. It's the first step towards programming. Then you pursue PHP as its syntax is quite similar to C. It took just 2 days to master PHP after learning C, C++ and Java...Easy as pie

If you already have some task at hand (e.g. some site that you want to build) then its easier since it will give you a sense of purpose....

Learn what you need to getcurrent task done, and after 3 - 4 sites you will be a pro[/b]

Sensible piece of advice ! Without purpose,however well we learn we forget...

I think W3Schools.com has some very basic and concise PHP tutorials. Study them and then start building a basic site somewhere. Learn as you go along.Here's an idea : build a forum ^_^