• Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 2,346
Status
Not open for further replies.

absn93

Regular
ISP
AIRTEL-384-UL
since august end the connection is getting worse to worst,the speed hardly crosses 1.5 kBps these days on time based full speed plans and not only this even gprs frm docomo undergoing the same issues and hardly touches anything above 500bytes,4 others are facing the same issues in my area,is anyone in chennai facing same issues?there is no other option on my area and I am fed up of paying 300-500 extra fraud bills each month,I pay 1300 including the fraud adjustments for this kinda service,whoever are in chennai,think million times before going for photon plus or docomo even :fatigue:

----------

this is my peak speed in this period

https://www.speedtest.net/result/1465431206.png

What is your bill plan that you have to pay 1300/month?

----------

Are you getting the tata photon+ network or photon whiz?

Also, in the dialer try switching to the Photon whiz network instead of photon + network.. You are likely to get something in the 15-16kBps range then

my plan is 1000 rs plan for 120 hours per month(known as 7200min plan)plan at full speed,above this for every 1 minute I have to pay 1 rupee,so means for 300 extra minutes I have to pay 300 extra post 120hours in a month,it is the costliest plan but I needed service,imagine I am surfing at 15-16 kBps only 120 hours a month for 1000 bucks...!!!!!even if i use 5 hours in last 5 days of plan they show me imaginary bill,I am helpless without option but now it is getting worse

Call the nodal officer.. tell that because of low speeds you have to spend a lot more time so you are not able to make full use of your plan.Ask for about Rs 500 or so.. u'll probably get itthen shift to the 950+taxes/month 5GB Unlimited plan,

4few months ago photon plus intentionally blocked all dwnload servers and capped them 2 --eight kBps,even fr full speed users like me who use only 3-4 hours a day and pay 1000plus!!a post was created here and they had to remove the cap,now they are doing something worse,last time a tata cc guy admitted that tata was throttling speeds and they played innocent for 2 weeks!but now it is not even opening emails properly,i think something fishy is going on again

----------

bro I am doing my mtech and hence use photon plus only 3-4 hours a day for some online work and research papers so I need more data,atleast 40 gB,that is why morning 5 am to 6-30 am did it for me with Uncapped speed....I have no use of unlimited and 5 GB is probably 2 softwares for me.....does nothing for me u see...

Regardless of what they advertise, wireless is not really suitable for such a high data consumption.Dont you have a wired option? or,Cant you stay back at your college and download the stuff after college hours?At my college, I was able to get 8-9MBps speeds after the faculty left when I was working on projects.. try asking if your college will allow you to use the net after college.

I already worked as an engineer after my BE in tata wireless section in Bangalore,so I know how reliable wired NW are,and obviously I do not have an option

----------

lol in university,there is suspension for carrying mobiles,u gotta be kidding me that they ll allow internet for my personal needs rofl

I already worked as an engineer after my BE in tata wireless section in Bangalore,so I know how reliable wired NW are,and obviously I do not have an option

----------

lol in university,there is suspension for carrying mobiles,u gotta be kidding me that they ll allow internet for my personal needs rofl

I guess you are the best person to answer your queries then... 🙂

I wanted to know how many are facing this issue,did not want any solution guys

Status
Not open for further replies.