Tata sky may damage your valuable TV

• Thread starter Thread starter ajain
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 9,793

ajain

ISP
TATA SKY HD
I am using Tata Sky HD for my plasma TV. It is clearly given in the TV Manualthat never diaplay still images for a longer perod of time to prevent image burn(image ghosting).This is a common phenomenon with plasma,LCD,LED TV.How this problem is related to tata Sky ??The problem is when i start the TV,Default channel is 100,starts. This channel displays still image advertisements for as long as 6 hour duration like (Active Games ,Bonus of Rs 15 with recharge of 300 or more)Suppose if somebody forget to turn off the tv due to power cut or by mistake.Then this may lead to damage the TV.Can you provide Solution to this problem?I think this problem is associated with every Tata Sky HD Subscriber ..

i don't think relevence in given fact. If Still Image can lead to Image Burn, then why TVs are providing options to watch jpg images on flat panels ?Another example, even we have LED, LCD computer moniters in which 24X7 we have one image as wallpaper. So, how can this point be valid .

I think you do not have proper understanding of image ghosting..For computers we have the concept of screensaver to save from image burn.I already talk with Tata Sky. they take this as a feedback and have escalated to the concerned teams.

I very well understand image ghosting bro. Just have a look on various threads in this forum and you will definately got a better idea. Regarding Tata Sky taken a feedback, they had nothing else to do now a days other than taking feedbacks of customers 😛

Not Tata Sky bro, they are relevent to HD and Image Ghosting. Just wait and lets see what other members think abt it . 🙂

I think you do not have proper understanding of image ghosting..

For computers we have the concept of screensaver to save from image burn.

I already talk with Tata Sky. they take this as a feedback and have escalated to the concerned teams.

That means your plasma is the issue....cos it doesn't have screensaver..

TS has screensaver option.. 😛

Ghosting is an issue only in older Plasma models.. newer plasmas dont have this issueLCD's never had this issue

I know this is not right section to post about RDTV.RDTV use Logo with out opacity because of that the portion of the screen on which logo projected is always partially still.It will damage your TV / LCD / Plasma.Newer buy RDTV.

I know this is not right section to post about RDTV.

RDTV use Logo with out opacity because of that the portion of the screen on which logo projected is always partially still.

Without opacity is good!!
A logo having 100% opacity is bad for old plasmas, but one without opacity is good

It will damage your TV / LCD / Plasma.

Only old plasmas
Newer buy RDTV.

That means your plasma is the issue....cos it doesn't have screensaver..

TS has screensaver option.. 😛

Boss my tv is new and Tata Sky screensaver does not work when thier is still image.
it only works when the menu is displayed and u have not chosen any menu option.

Another thing,ghosting != burn ineven I have mixed up the terms in the posts..what you are worried about is screen burn-inmany plasmas have a "game mode" or something similar to prevent itLCD's dont have this issuenewer CRT's also dont have this issue

Ghosting is an issue only in older Plasma models.. newer plasmas dont have this issue

LCD's never had this issue

Mr.
Please check any Tv manufacture manual ,it is clearly written about image persistance for plasma,lcd,led.
and that is not covered under warranty.

Yes.. but in case it does occur (it wont in the newer models unless you leave your screen on the same position for 20-30 hours), just turning off the screen for a few hours will normally fix it (LCD's)Otherwise, hardcore gamers would face this problem all the time..