Tata sky may damage your valuable TV

• Thread starter Thread starter ajain
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 9,804
those Images on Tata Sky are not still images lol they r animated images usually...still images are like you see from ur digi cam ..nd I have not heard anyone complain that they screwed their TV becz they were watching their family pics on the tv :rofl:nd if ur so concerned abt leaving ur TV on during Light Cut better close the main switch as my mom always makes me does 😛 as u don't u have any other option then 😛

those Images on Tata Sky are not still images lol they animated images usually...

still images are like you see from ur digi cam ..nd I have not heard anyone complain that they screwed their TV on becz they were watching their family pics on the tv :rofl:

nd if ur so concerned abt leaving ur TV during Light Cut better close the main switch as my mom always makes me does 😛

as u don't u have any other option then 😛

Infact you should always turn off from mains.. (considering Indian power standards)

ya well I am lazy to get up and do it 😛

Then BEWARE, Your TV will be burnt out soon by ur DTH 😛 😀

Then BEWARE, Your TV will be burnt out soon by ur DTH 😛 😀

Electricity supply is more likely to kill it

Whoa! Whats this thread all about? I didnt come across this thread, despite it being since morning!I dont think screen can get damaged by this. Even IF WE PRESUME that there will be a power cut & the mains arent switched off & hence when power is restored, everything will turn on automatically. In that event too, the noise that the TV might make wud wake the people out of sleep & someone wud get up to turn it off!But normally its the habit at most homes to turn off the mains of TV atleast.But yeah i just came across Mascot's comment about burn-ins in Plasma screen, when using it as computer. It has been advised by many that not to use Plasma screen as PC Monitors. If u do use it, then make sure that the screen keeps changing.

Sorry to talk about RDTV here but i tried to raise the same issue there but no body replied - https://broadband.forum/reliance-digital-tv-dth/31206-reliance-big-tv-dth-connection/58/

My CRT TV (Sony 25" - bought almost 7-8 years ago) has now started giving trouble. Picture goes almost 90% darker (black) anytime when TV is switched ON and while we are viewing. Now i started slapping (previously slower and now harder) on sides and it gets OK (and sometimes gets OK on its own after waiting for few secs/mins).

Can that be a problem of RDTV's blue logo image staying constantly on sides? - I am just raising THIS question because i read about it here.

Personally, i dont think that would be a problem.

Just take an example of any TV channel. Their irritating logos (Star Plus, SONY, ESPN, Discovery, POGO, MTV .... all channels) stay as static image (not animated) on any side of the screen (mostly on right side).

Now imagine - we watch a live cricket match of 50 overs on ESPN for almost 8 hours - then ESPN logo stays on screen constantly for 8 hours. So can that be a problem?

(That is why i personally think it cant be or else my TV could give trouble in earlier times when i bought)

I asked 1 of my friend working at reputed TV mfg company for the past 28 years. He said that TV screen goes black/blank can be a cause of "moisture" in the air. (i believe him because this year we have heavy rain here all the time and even not heavy, it constantly drizzles and hence we find lots of moisture in the atmosphere).

He said that i should open it (if i can) and clean picture tube with a dry cotton cloth. I tried. It didnt make trouble for almost 1 or 2 days and started problem again.

So i mostly believe that once monsoon gets over; my TV may stop having this problem. I will have to wait and observe how it behaves in coming winter and next summer. I will then decide what to do further to resolve it.

(I want to get rid of it and buy a new age LCD/LED but i have little doubt about this RDTV cheap STB. I am little affraid that it doesnt make my new expensive TV faulty as well and hence i am not buying it till i get my doubts clear with everything)

I better wait till next few seasons and lets see how it goes. 🙂

I really dont think this can be an issue - JUST AS U R THINKING! We all have been using CRTs since ages & this has never happened in CRT. Relax dude, the problem might be just due to the age of ur TV. "7-8 years" means u must have bought it in 2003/4.The TV that i bought in those days, is already replaced due to the problems it was creating. U are lucky that urs lasted so much!And that moisture part....very recently i noticed a CRT Monitor go black at a relative's place. It started up black. After few minutes, the color started to get restored automatically, with the heat inside the machine.All in all, dont even think that Image burn-in is spoiling ur TV.

I think it is an issue with the CRT.. your TVs picture tube might have lived its life.... I had similar issue with BPL 25" CRT... infact the picture wasn't coming to full screen as well ....

I am using Tata Sky HD for my plasma TV. It is clearly given in the TV Manual
that never diaplay still images for a longer perod of time to prevent image burn(image ghosting).This is a common phenomenon with plasma,LCD,LED TV.
How this problem is related to tata Sky ??
The problem is when i start the TV,Default channel is 100,starts.
This channel displays still image advertisements for as long as 6 hour duration like (Active Games ,Bonus of Rs 15 with recharge of 300 or more)
Suppose if somebody forget to turn off the tv due to power cut or by mistake.
Then this may lead to damage the TV.
Can you provide Solution to this problem?
I think this problem is associated with every Tata Sky HD Subscriber ..

It's a characteristic of the TV and not the DTH provider. If someone leaves the STB on channel 100 for 6 hours, will you blame TATA SKY for it? I think NOT READING THE TV MANUAL is to blame for this. I have an LG 47 inches LED and the manual clearly mentions what you have said.

I am using Tata Sky HD for my plasma TV. It is clearly given in the TV Manual
that never diaplay still images for a longer perod of time to prevent image burn(image ghosting).This is a common phenomenon with plasma,LCD,LED TV.
How this problem is related to tata Sky ??
The problem is when i start the TV,Default channel is 100,starts.
This channel displays still image advertisements for as long as 6 hour duration like (Active Games ,Bonus of Rs 15 with recharge of 300 or more)
Suppose if somebody forget to turn off the tv due to power cut or by mistake.
Then this may lead to damage the TV.
Can you provide Solution to this problem?
I think this problem is associated with every Tata Sky HD Subscriber ..

Dear Mr Jain,

I think you should rest your worries and enjoy the new TV.

Screen burn-in is a problem commnly assciated with older generation Plasma TV, with technical advancements this problem has been largely solved in current crop of Plasma TVs.

The screen burn-in is a function of your display unit and not your DTH provider. Having said this you do not have a real cause for concern as I am sure you will not watch channel 100 on Tata Sky for more than 25 hours at a stretch. Even a screen switch-off for couple of seconds will solve the problem in case you manage to sit in front of channel 100 for more than one day.

In case of a power restarting after an outage, there is no reason to worry since both your TV and Set-top box will revert to 'standby' mode after the power restarts and there will be no picture display.

So, sit back and enjoy your TV. all the best

Regards

I have seen Plasma screen burn effects when static image (mostly in Bright White colour stays on screen for long time. We can see impression of that image on PLASMA screen for some time. But eventually it fades off.But you cannot blame Tata Sky for that, and this happening (of TV remaining ON for long time) is rare case 🙂

The manual of my new samsung series5 led tv warns of screen burn out if a static image is displayed for extended periods (days/ months?) and to change the picture when used for displaying photos. When the STB is standby mode, the tv shows a small, low brightness message 'no signal' and the message is shifted to different portions of the screen. (TV's feature). If the tv is also put in standby mode or switched off from the mains, the screen is black and protected. I think for burnout , the pixel must be continuously on for several days, not hours.Even channel 100 is not always static - it shows promotions and programme excerpts most of the time. TS doesn' gain anything by having a static image.There is no need to worry for the normal viewers. It is better to switch off tv and stb when not needed - good practice, energy saving and green.