IS airtel blocking trackers?

• Thread starter Thread starter sTrOnTiaBOnd
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 5,814
I have Airtel. Since the past few weeks Airtel has started throttling my torrent speeds during day. During this time, my speeds decreases by 90%. This happens for torrents only. Does not affect normal browsing/downloading. Also, my account has been banned from some private trackers as they detect that Airtel is doing 'deep packet inspection' on my connection. Google it to know more about it. I am guessing your problem may be somewhat related to mine as well. Or you may have a different issue. Don't know....Anyway, I hope it helps...On off topic, vuze is a terrible torrent client. Use something like utorrent..... Light & simple IMO...

why change my isp.They are violating net neutrality and consumer protection act.
do you know how much data is there in vuze bittorrent software.entire bbc archives etc.

all i want is someone to dl any file(legit ofcourse) and tell me that are they getting this error and are the peers\seeds 0 in the trackers that are working.

With all due respect, torrents are used to download illegal stuff mostly. Anyone who says otherwise is being untruthful. 😛

careful. you are going to annoy the people who would like to talk about how it would be probably impossible for MPAA and RIAA to file lawsuits against you because we are not in the U S of A.

Err, same issue as everyone. Haven't been able to download anything off torrents for a while now. I got a 4 Mb/s plan to download stuff, and now, I will either downgrade or switch. Unless they remove the tracker ban. I do intend on giving them about a week, (my exams get over then) at which point I will not be able to survive without torrents. Also, they have been throttling my downloads for a while. I was getting about 100-150 Kb/s tops, as opposed to around 500. I was blaming it on the seed/leech ratio, but now I see that isn't the problem.

You will then have to switch to MTNL.Airtel is only throttling torrents. It isn't throttling normal downloads/browsing. What will you complaint about to Airtel CC? That you can't get full speeds on torrents during day? The Airtel guys will ask you as to why you use torrents? What are you going to reply? That you use it for .... MTNL is the only option for you. Sad fact.

Err, same issue as everyone. Haven't been able to download anything off torrents for a while now. I got a 4 Mb/s plan to download stuff, and now, I will either downgrade or switch. Unless they remove the tracker ban. I do intend on giving them about a week, (my exams get over then) at which point I will not be able to survive without torrents. Also, they have been throttling my downloads for a while. I was getting about 100-150 Kb/s tops, as opposed to around 500. I was blaming it on the seed/leech ratio, but now I see that isn't the problem.
my connection only gets throttled from 7pm-9pm , although i never use sites like link-removed or link-removed as nearly every isp knows about them plus link-removed has real speed issues on new or very old torrents.
i suggest you to move to another isp if airtel doesn't solve this after you complaint . i'm ok with them throttling p2p for a couple of hours but if they are throttling for major part of day then you should probably move to another isp .

I got a call from airtel stating that there was a problem with their equipment(wont tell me what type ).

Now the trackers are working except dennis stalker and vuze.

Can anyone confirm that their trackers are working specially the above two?.

----------

ps:x720 thanks for banning me.Your stupid comments about change isp is a defeatist attitude.
If you thiought that only i was facing this problem then plz take a look at these posts
Now Airtel is blocking my private tracker - India BroadBand

Yes the Airtel is cheating the customers. It is blocking the torrent traffic during the day time and the torrents work only during the night time after 12 o clock.

AIRTEL: THE BIGGEST CHEATER.

anyone plz reply.Airtel is not allowing even vuze trackers.All i want is that someone confirm that they are unable to dl plugins in vuze,have 0 users in distributed database and old torrents are not downloading and the trackers are saying tracker reply has no local peers field or socket unreachable.

plz also tell me do you use dialer mode or always on mode.

----------

even link-removed trackers are giving 0 users!.My ports are open but trackers arent able to send or recieve data.