BSNL Data card internet bill reaches Rs. 1 Lakh. Need advice.

• Thread starter Thread starter prague
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 3,547

prague

ISP
BSNL
Hi all,I have a BSNL 3G data card running a post-paid plan of 1359/- per month. The bill for one month came to be more than a lakh rupees claiming 75gb of GPRS usage. Out of this, 15gb was discounted and the remaining 60gb was billed at Rs 2000/- per gb. A couple of things here:a) When I took the connection, the lady at the bsnl office told me that its unlimited and no hidden or extra charges. Apparently, its 15gb free and then its billed thereafter. Either the lady was misinformed or I heard it wrongly. But I am pretty sure I was asking for an unlimited download connection but was given the wrong plan.b) Secondly, I've tried my best (by looking at the logs and other internet activity) but I cannot take the usage beyond 25gb. Its impossible that 75GB was downloaded in a month! Heres a sample screenshot of the bill details that an official provided me -> i51.tinypic.com/2mdfd74.png . Is Rs 80/- being charged every 5min? Being a retired govt employee myself, its extremely difficult for me to render that kind of amount. I have talked to the concerned official on phone and asked them to recheck the data again but it seems futile. I would be goin to the BSNL office to discuss this further but I have no idea how to deal with thisHas anyone else faced this problem? How do I know theres no mistake/fraud here on their part? What options do I have? Please do let me knowThanks,

BAM! BSNL has done it again, search the forum you will find manier here, Also check your documents which says UNLIMITED plan or some such texts, also get the logs ready in proper format lets do this babE!!seems like ur getting charged per mb its about .50 Paisa per MB damnn,, read the BSNL policy I dont think that there would be so much high charge per MB

Thanks rajm11 for the reply. (Also i think I posted in the wrong sub-forum. Sorry about that)So, I have three receipts (500 + 2000 + 2059 Rs resp) which i got while taking the connection. No documents which say unlimited anywhere. I cannot seem to open bsnl.co.in also to check the plans or the usage details. How do i check usage stats online? What logs can I generate from my computer to show this? The bill consistently shows 40mb every 5mins everyday!! I got this connection from the Aundh office in Pune where an old lady gave me the details. It seems from another call i made that it was a scheme that was unlimited for 3months (Rs 2000 which I paid as mentioned above) and then it switched to the unlimited 1359/- plan wherein 15GB is free but chargeable after that. I wasn't aware this was the case and I clearly know this was not mentioned to me when the connection was taken. I still cannot figure out how 75gb was used in a month.

BSNL is one of the most lenient companies when it comes to billing. Provided what you say is true, I see no reason for you to worry, talk to the accounts officer, it should sort things out.

The best way out is a personal chat with the accounts officer handling 3G. It is a common thing with BSNL that customers are provided wrong info and end up with huge bills. No ISP is giving unlimited on 3G in India. BSNL used to give unlimited in the start which they modified after huge usage by a very small group of users. Normally they reduce the bill to some Rs. 5,000 or something. Make sure you are cautious next time because you won't get it the second time.

is there not a portal for data usage ? i am on 750UL and used up like 50 GB but the chargeable units still says 0 ; you can even use this as proof