SimmSolar PC: Simmtronics has a solar powered personal computer model!

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 1,889
This would be helpful in rural areas.

I think it can supplement mains supply but cannot completely replace it.......But still this thing has great potential......

heh. i am more interested in the power supply. if it can become a solid replacement for a computer UPS. 😀

holy cow. i got an actual response to my query!

Dear Sushubh,

We can design power backup from 10w to 5000w or as per your requirment

We got to know the following details

1) your minimum and max load
2) no of working hours Minimum gaurantee
3) Space available to setup the unit.
4) budget allacoted
5) time frame for this setup.
6) whether you require pure solar or a hybrid model which means runs on both solar as well as normal power.

rgds

Arun Prabhu
Simmtronics Semiconductors Ltd.

----------

i am not sure how to respond. this is a very good response to my query:

I just noticed your solar powered personal computer model.
I wanted to know if the battery part of this system is available for sale?
I have been looking for a solution that can power a 500W setup.
Would be very interested in finding out if you have anything planned for users like me.

Installing a windmill would be cheap in long run than a solar powered backup. Companies like Orb energy install windmills for homes.

Installing a windmill would be cheap in long run than a solar powered backup. Companies like Orb energy install windmills for homes.

Alternate source of energy is something i always looked forward to, considering that the cost of electricity is ever rising in Bangalore & power cuts are so very frequent but the initial cost of deployment of such Solar/Wind systems were too high if we are looking at capacities of continuous 800 to 1000VA or higher when i last checked and i hear that they are not one time investment either, requires annual maintenance plans etc 🙁

But all this was 8years ago when we built our house, lets check how the market is now, wrote an email to Orb Energy.

If someone on this forum is already using Wind/Solar Power Backup Systems(only greater than 500VA) please give us more information on the Cost Involved: both initial & after sales annual maintenance, Space required for deployment and the Reliability/Service Experience of the Product/Vendor or Company

I think it costs around 1 Lakh for the low end one from Orb as seen in their brochure. I can't remember exact price. @Admin Better split this thread.

Definitely not in Gurgaon. Wind energy works mainly for coastal areas.

I think it costs around 1 Lakh for the low end one from Orb as seen in their brochure. I can't remember exact price.

@Admin Better split this thread.

What kind of power backup can this 1 Lakh system give, in KVA ?