How to Check MTNL 3G speed without USB Modem

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 13033
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2,489
D

Deleted member 13033

guys sorry if this is bit of repeat thread. I will be buying a MTNL 3G sim card today in Delhi which costs Rs 100 I think then a starter recharge of Rs 49 and Rs 20 recharge for Data. I dont have a USB dongle with me I have Nokia N73 and Lenovo Laptop Z560 which has option to use SIM card. Is there any way I can check if I am getting proper speeds before spending on the USB modem and then going with the Rs 4500 recharge.thx!

someone needs to come with some way...dont wanna spend 1800 on USB modem without knowing if the coverage is good or not 🙁

For speed checking you can go to speedtest.net or if you have a good download manager installed then it can also check download speedif nothing works then "GOOGLE Baba ki Jai".

insert the sim in cell, i read somewhere you have a Nokia, open pc suite, use the internal modem to connect to net. or connect the cell to system , control panel- networking- create a new connection [ dial up] , put mtln's apn and user name and pass [ must be somewhere on this forum or google them] dial and connect. the cell must be hspa enabled though for a real test.

ya I am aware of that way but the issue is my N73 has crappy 3G support wont go more than 384 kbps..... so would be hard to tell the actual speeds....

Best way for you to check is find some friend who has USB stick and test.Thats what I did when I bought MTNL SIM 2-3 days back.