Offline Gmail, Google Calendar and Google Docs announced

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 3,067
was getting comments not available on ytube today in the night. I think they should 1st get their online servers ready than moving to offline services..as even gmail sometimes moves slow and crashes out 😛

right. blame youtube and gmail when the actual culprit is probably airtel?

----------

ok. the user interface does suck. but there is one good thing.

you can send emails with big attachments easily.

it sends the emails in the background which is what i have been waiting for a long time now.

currently the comments are nt available that was the message going on ytube in the night the vids were playing fine 😛

and I am talking abt the overload gmail error the error code: 502 😛

yup using fuktel dns 😛 heard google dns dnt do much help either so did not bother with it..

well there you go. switch to google public dns right away. it does help. the problem is that you would not find out when and how.

Just to share with people using google calendar or anything similar to calendar.

I have used Yahoo calender, Google calendar but didnt find any of them upto mark.

I came across this site abt one and half year back and its amazing.

It solves all my problems of calendar AS WELL AS todo tasks. (2 in 1)

Give it a try. Spend few minutes to understand how it works. And then you will realize its powers.

the site is www. rememberthemilk.com OR SHORT FORM is rmilk.com

I have made a "pin tab" for it forever!

Anything that I remember I click on tab "type whatever i remembered" press enter!

Thats all.

remember the milk is essentially a to-do service not a calendar replacement. 🙂

Nope it is calendar service too. You need to try it. Its TODO+Calendar. You can import/export calendar events.

It not only supports repeating events on fixed date, it also supports repeating events which repeat every N days/weeks/year after you FINISH It.

For eg. if you type say:

Maniac's birthday every 1 year .... it will repeat on same day every year

if you type say:
Vodafone recharge after 6months

it will repeat 6months after mark task as complete.

in short u can use it as calendar too.

if it does not have a calendar view, it is not a calendar. i have an account there for a long time now. i have used it as a to do list service for a while. then i realized i had no use for it because i never really met the targets/goals. 😀in any case, even if you set repetitive schedules, it is still a to-do list.

Well, Calendar view is just a view. (a point of view of seeing task)

In RTM the view is vertical, one after other.

But whatever u can do with calendar, u can do it with this too. Additionally it allows labels too. (Similar to Gmail)

----------

My point is calendar is old concept based on diary, you always move to something better the concept of RTM is different. A single page serves many purpose.

Btw calendar is also TODO list isnt it?

I used RTM for a while looooooong back .. infact I remember they had a skype user .. and if you send message to that user .. it will get added to your ToDo list .. used it for couple of days .. and realized that the outlook calendar and Tasks do more than enough for me .. so switched back to outlook ..