Need information about how to start a small ISP biz with the help of BSNL.

SankalpPatil

ISP
Reliance
Hello Guys,I am a want-to-be entrepreneur. I have come to know that there is some way by which we can take leased line from BSNL and provide Internet connections to subscribers. I want to know more about this. Please help.

You can take but nobody will buy Internet conns from you, their prices are exorbitant inspite of being biggest BW buyers.

You can search the forum topics. I guess it has already been discussed a few times 🙂

yes please by all means start ur ISP business but before you do u that, you have to promise to make IBF your official launch partner, we would love to discuss with u all the nitty-gritty details about the startup, not limited to but definitely including the following points :-

[*]Why u thought of getting into the business ?
[*]The hurdles faced by u on the official side and on the personal side including back-stabbing babu's and how ur papa didnt want u to launch.
[*]How u chose the members of ur company, more importantly how u got the company registered inspite of the system stalling ur advances again and again,
[*]How do u plan to provide the services, from where do u plan to buy the bandwidth and thru which type of cable having how many strands of optic fibre and how u are getting shortchanged by existing evil bandwidth sellers?
[*]How do u intend to reach the end consumer? by fibre, by copper, nah probably by first reaching and explaining it all to him in his living room,
[*]Details of the plans that u intend to provide - what will be the speeds,what will be the FUP, i tell u before we are not expecting anything less than 100Gb on each plan - if not, be ready to face a barrage of threads/polls from existing members of this forum. If that isnt enough wait till the newbies sign up and and come flying in armed with their suggestions and questions and create threads of their own on the same issue.
[/list]

[*]Details of the hardware u intend to supply with the service..any round or pear shaped modems ? with a WAN port on top ? we would definitely prefer that. Oh and yes we would like a few posts on the background of the supplier as well, u know, why his hardware is better coz he replied to u in the first email query u sent him.
[*]And before u launch, we would also discuss the alternative and lite plans that u thought over the previous night because after all whats the use of launching a co if it doesnt have lite-plans?
[/list]Quite a few more points coming to mind but dont have the time to add all those points, iam sure u would have got the drift by now, so please begin creating threads and i am sure the rest of the discourse will automatically follow.

Statutory warning : remarks in a lighter-vein, not intended to offend anyone, if offended leeme know - will be removed

Thanx. Your questions will take me in the right direction.

@cyberwiz - Taking a little stab, are we 😉@SankalpPatil - Don't buy bandwidth from BSNL. They don't have their own International systems and they charge too much for domestic capacity. Buy from someone else - Bharti, Reliance or VSNL should be able to deliver it to almost anywhere you need it. Of course, it's not as simple as buying a leased line and providing services (oh how I wish it was).On another note, it has been discussed a few times in various threads on IBF - search for "start ISP" or something up the top-right corner of the site 🙂

Hello Guys,
I am a want-to-be entrepreneur. I have come to know that there is some way by which we can take leased line from BSNL and provide Internet connections to subscribers. I want to know more about this. Please help.

It's require ISP license or sublease license from an ISP I can help you.

Please reply me...