• Thread starter Thread starter rahul10
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 11,936

rahul10

Regular
ISP
tata photon
good news : Consumers dissatisfied with the services of their direct-to-home operator may soon have the option of shifting to another operator.

Dish TV has launched Dish Freedom, a conditional access module (CAM) device, which enables DTH portability. The concept is similar to that of number portability in the telecom sector.

“About 20 per cent of the 33-million DTH subscribers in the country are estimated to be inactive. This is a substantial dormant market segment that we will target as our customer base for Dish Freedom. Being the only player offering CAM services, we aim to add the inactive base in metros and smaller cities to our over 11 million strong family. Consumers can now access our services without having to invest in a new set top box,” said Mr Salil Kapoor, Chief Operating Officer, Dish TV India, part of the Zee Group.
TRAI mandates interoperability in the DTH licencing norms and it is obligatory for all operators to offer interoperable set top boxes.

“The Dish Freedom CAM device can be inserted into the card port on all BIS compliant set top boxes with a CI slot, as mandated by TRAI. It will work on all DTH platforms including MPEG2 and MPEG4,” said Mr Kapoor.

The device, being launched in select key markets, is priced at Rs 990.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

source:
Business Line : Today's Paper / MARKETING : Dish TV introduces DTH portability

in simple words u buy the CAM or conditional access module from zee attach it to your existing STB be it from Tata Sky or Videocon etc and u can watch zee DTH (only after re-aligning dish) without buying new set top box from zee..however u are forced to buy zee's Freedom annual package as its price is included in the price of the CAM ie Rs 990

^ I am confused about this. So the STB should have a CI slot right ? And the CAM goes into it and the smartcard goes into the CAM. So any third party STB's having CI slot should work here. Now my question is .... can we insert some other DTH's smartcard into the CAM and enjoy the services of that particular DTH using this CAM ? Or does that other DTH also has to provide their own CAM+ smartcard ?Somebody please throw some light on this ... :redface::

What people want is an option to move away from Dish, not into their black hole....

^ I am confused about this.

So the STB should have a CI slot right ? And the CAM goes into it and the smartcard goes into the CAM. So any third party STB's having CI slot should work here. Now my question is .... can we insert some other DTH's smartcard into the CAM and enjoy the services of that particular DTH using this CAM ? Or does that other DTH also has to provide their own CAM+ smartcard ?

Somebody please throw some light on this ... :redface::

If you have a branded DTH box like Dish TV, Big TV, etc. it made mandatory by TRAI that they give the box with CI feature & they follows that. The mechanism of Cam is perfect dont worry hardly there will mismatch but the possiblity of that is 0.01%. You can watch that DTH service which the cam made for. Means Dish TV = conax cam, Big tv = Mediaguard cam etc, you cant change those with eachother whenever they not made for same type e.g. you acnt exchange Dish tv card to Big tv cam between eachother. You need to buy respected CAM & you have that DTH's smart card or you need to buy, subscription needed & move ur dish to desire DTH satellite. Aquire enough signal. Scanning satellite can be different ways of each company's software, depends on your stb.

Actual Story... what i understand....DISH Freedom Offered by DISH TV.... you have to pay separte charges to view the Free Channels... once you pay Rs.990 for CAM you get with 12 Months subscrition to view the Free Channels offered in NSS6 (Dish TV Freq.) Later for 6 months Rs.250/- and 12 months Rs.450/-I think this is not DTH Portability like Mobile Operators... We should get some stronger than this like we can Move to other DTH provider with our existing STB (either TATA, DISH, D2H., etc., under any platform HD or DVR).... just changing the alignment of dish and Viewing Card....

@ xmenThere is much important thing is check what picture quality dth box you have because see this order Advanced - older.DVB- s2 > MPEG 4 > MPEG 2DVB - S2 can play all previous formats (MPEG -4 & MEPG -2)MPEG - 4 can play MEPG - 2 but cant DVB - s2MEPG 2 cant play any other format except MPEG - 2You need to check which dth picture type you have of your dth box.D2H & Airtel = DVB - S2Big TV(Medioguard Cam) & Sun direct (Irdeto Cam) = MPEG - 4DIsh (Conax Cam) & tata (Videoguard Cam) = MPEG - 2I dont know you know this / not but I think you know this. By the way I give information about this.@ pkarthikI think they will allow their customers to subscribe dish tv true packs monthly. I think you contact to cc & clear the matter & post the result here. I dont know more than this but confirm it plz.

actually there are 59 channels by DD which are at 0 of cost to both Dish tv & customers but dish tv doesnt offer those free & remain channels they charge Rs. 450 / 12 months where you do not need to subscribe any pack & can enjoy 95 channels free.

I give you a trick.

You are existing subscriber of Dish TV just go to menu > STB > press read button > LNB Setting > Change hi 10600 to 9700 & you can enjoy DD Direct plus for free.

Warning:

Change above parameters before Dish tv lock your box subscription. U can say before within 1 hour / any day of expire subscription.

If you to recharge again & watch pay channels by subscription, change parameters 9750 to 10600 & recharge. but if dont want to recharge & you change the parameters like that dish tv lock stb while you dont recharge again.

@ xmen

There is much important thing is check what picture quality dth box you have because see this order Advanced - older.

DVB- s2 > MPEG 4 > MPEG 2

DVB - S2 can play all previous formats (MPEG -4 & MEPG -2)
MPEG - 4 can play MEPG - 2 but cant DVB - s2
MEPG 2 cant play any other format except MPEG - 2

You need to check which dth picture type you have of your dth box.

D2H & Airtel = DVB - S2
Big TV(Medioguard Cam) & Sun direct (Irdeto Cam) = MPEG - 4
DIsh (Conax Cam) & tata (Videoguard Cam) = MPEG - 2

I dont know you know this / not but I think you know this. By the way I give information about this.

@ pkarthik

I think they will allow their customers to subscribe dish tv true packs monthly. I think you contact to cc & clear the matter & post the result here. I dont know more than this but confirm it plz.

Yeah I am aware of the dvb-s,s2 and the different compressions. I wanted to know if this cam is interchangeable when it comes to different smartcards... found out its not through you. By the way checked my d2h STB and indeed there is a CI slot above the smartcard slot which should accept the cams.But switching to dishtv is a whole different ball game altogether 😛

@ xmenIf you are bothered by D2H picture quality its really good hope for us that Dish tv launched Cam in market & it great news & work buy Dish TV, Isnt it? & you mentioned game word in above message. Thanks. I forgot to mentio n there that few active services will not work properly with cam like game & other direction key basis services according to me. Be happy now & change 😛 to 🙂.Compliment is to you that good ratio you have about get likes.@ IMThanks buddy. I hope who suffering from D2H's bad picture quality (I think you are not but I think mostly of SD D2H viewers) they have good option now by Dish tv because dish tv is best than D2H for manys.

^ dude I am not suffering from d2h picture quality on the other hand I am very much satisfied with it. I am happy seeing interoperability coming into place. 🙂