BCCI News & Updates

One thing I have noticed is , for some strange reason, Ganguly has a lot of fans in the Tamil Nadu region. Any clues anyone?

I like his cricket shots but i am not a fan of him..........

Nimbus, BCCI seal broadcast rights deal
Nimbus Communications, one of India's leading television marketing companies, has been awarded rights to India's home domestic and international games for four years. Nimbus and the BCCI had, in October, entered an agreement valued at approximately Rs.2000 crore (US$436 million), for a minimum of 64 international matches and 312 days of domestic cricket until 2014. The deal has now been finalised, following Nimbus furnishing a bank guarantee for the agreement amount to the BCCI.

Shashank Manohar, the president of the BCCI, said: "The BCCI is pleased to extend its partnership with Nimbus by entering into this agreement till 2014. Nimbus has been the BCCI's Global Media Rights partner since 2006 and has, in this period, licensed our events for broadcast to hundreds of millions of cricket fans worldwide."

Nimbus also held the broadcasting rights for the previous four years, for which it paid US$612 million - subsequently negotiated to US$549 million - in February 2006.

Nimbus, BCCI seal broadcast rights deal | India Cricket News | Cricinfo.com

Gavaskar, Shastri deny BCCI contract is a conflict of interest - The Times of India

This newspaper can also reveal that the BCCI contract stipulates that any channel which is telecasting an international match on Indian soil will hire these two men on their commentary team. A similar contract, for a lower fee, had been signed with Harsha Bhogle too but was subsequently cancelled because then IPL commissioner Lalit Modi had not taken permission from the IPL Governing Council.

"Yes, both Shastri and Gavaskar are employed with the Board as commentators," a top BCCI official confirmed to Mumbai Mirror. "This pertains to all BCCI-owned cricket - international matches held in India, the IPL and the Champions League. We tell the TV companies that they have to take them on board as our official commentators."

When contacted, both Gavaskar and Shastri accepted they were centrally contracted by the Board, but did not see this as a conflict of interest, or as something that hampered them from freely airing their views.

Reacting to the revelation, respected media commentator Santosh Desai said: "There is no business for such people to be in the commentary box. But the scenario is hardly surprising, considering the BCCI works like a banana republic for which conflict of interest has never been an issue; in fact it actively creates them. I see this as a larger nexus between the Board, the commentators and the TV broadcasters. The onus has to be on individuals, especially if they are iconic sportsmen, to set an example and not become part of this co-option for personal gain."

Twitter / rajneesh kapoor: Has Gavaskar commented on ...

They are earning because of this chamchagiri only. Wt else do we expect from them ??

Shastri caught in 'conflict of interests' web: Cricket Next

----------

I had very high regards to Shastri....but now its not the same....i was not aware of that these 2 people are with BCCI centrally contracted commentators by BCCI....

When they had arguments with their co commentators...i had a feeling how they are supporting india but now i realize that its the money which is speaking in the commentay box....they not supporting india rather they are just speaking on behalf of BCCI....

It needs to be curbed. It needs to be brought under the provisions of RTI. Without any sort of qualification that bloody Sharad Pawar is sitting at the top post there. not only there, but at ICC also! :O

I wonder if Sharad Pawar will let it pass till he is BCCI chief

Neither it is working as great even now! Atleast people who say "This is BCCI XI & not India XI", will have to find a different reason!

One thing to note here if BCCI comes under RTI then the selection process will also under preview. The flip side to this after RTI anybody why A was chosen and why not B?It will have both positives and negatives.