• Thread starter Thread starter Jaymin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 2,085

Jaymin

A Big Fan of IBF
ISP
Reliance Wired Line
I came across this article in Technoholik today was awesome. And when i Googled up, i found that its a news of May, but didnt find it shared here.

This sounds interesting!

Samsung T9000 refrigerator runs on Google's Android, packs in shopping, recipe apps - Tech - IBNLive

Refrigerators are getting smart. A new model released earlier this month runs apps to help users browse recipes, create shopping lists and manage the expiration dates of items like yogurt and milk. The T9000 refrigerator by electronics company Samsung has a 10-inch Wi-Fi-enabled touchscreen and includes apps such as Epicurious for recipes and Evernote for note-taking
Shopping lists can be created on the fridge with the Evernote app, which will sync to smartphones and recipes can be found at Epicurious. "You can say, 'I have these ingredients in the fridge - what can I make?' and it will show you recipes that you can prepare," said Doell.

More importantly.....(for the beginning)

It will be available worldwide in the spring for a suggested retail price of $3,999.

Which translates to more than 2 lakhs! An average common man's half yearly or yearly pay package!

Android@Home was announced very long time ago. Not much has happened about it until now. Individual devices that can't collaborate with each other does not mean anything.

I would like to see Android coming up with something which will control and monitor each and every part of house,right from lighting to plumbing 😛

be careful about what you wish for. some things are better left not automated. 🙂 things are changing of course. you have bulbs and thermostats that can be controlled from mobile phones nowadays.and of course. the solutions you want already exist. in the homes of billionaires. it just has to become cheap enough for mass market deployment.

Android@Home was announced very long time ago. Not much has happened about it until now. Individual devices that can't collaborate with each other does not mean anything.

The thread is very old, started by me. I just came across this product today, which has a promise in being a first tiny step in moving towards this. This fridge is "smart" when u compare it with the fridges that we use today.

PS: I know even CES has been concluded ages back, but i hadnt followed it actively. Got to read about it in this month's Digit.

the thing is that it is not really smart. for it to detect expiry items of perishable items, the perishable items needs to have QR codes or something similar with the expiry date encoded on it. and you would need to feed that data to the fridge. the fridge is not going to automatically detect what food items is inside and how soon it would expire and stuff like that. it makes for a fantasy reading for sure. but in reality, smart fridges are very far from reality and needs products in the real world to support them as well.

Of course. I do not deny that fact. Just that, some step is being taken. Something to begin with! Possibilities, going forward, can be endless.

Lolz!! Even that cant be ruled out, looking at the way we have artificially made implants for the natural ones! Again, saw that in Through The Wormhole......they were showing how probably we wud be able to keep a person alive after death!

If u ask me, man shud have tried his best, to not to forget the Mantra techniques itself. That led him to discovering the machines. So now, whatever used to happen with the help of Mantra, will now happen with the help of Machines.......the quest wont end i think.