Cricket after World Cup and IPL

ajuravi007

Regulars
[OP]
Regulars
Aug 11, 2006
MUMBAI: After the World Cup and the Indian Premier League (IPL), the value of the residual cricketing properties in the year could fall due to India's poor performance and an economic slowdown.

Media analysts had forecast the cricket television broadcasting economy to earn an advertising revenue of Rs 20 billion this year. While the World Cup fetched Rs 5 billion, the IPL took home Rs 10 billion.

"As the India-West Indies series was just after the two marquee events, there was a level of fatigue. The India-England series was a disappointment and could cast an influence on the other remaining properties in the year," says a media analyst.

Indiantelevision.com > Media, Advertising & Marketing Watch >Cricket after World Cup and IPL

Jaymin

A Big Fan of IBF
Regulars
Oct 18, 2010
Cricket viewing in India is pretty much performance based. Although this current tour can be an exception, but even normally, when India loses 1 game & people dont watch the next. Few early wickets go down & TV Sets r switched off. During the World Cup Finals, same thing cud have happened at my home. But i didnt let that happen. :D

ajuravi007

Regulars
[OP]
Regulars
Aug 11, 2006
During this WC finals when we lost few wkts i thought thats the end of it...but always there is hope with every hardcore indian fan ...they feel that even no-11 batsman could win for india....To be short our brain knows that we will loose but our heart will say we can in....its not only in watching cricket its applicable in all the work we do....hoping for miracle....One more thing...there was a time when sachin gets out people used to switching off the TV or change channels thinking that we would loose....atleast we have eradicated that now....

Jaymin

A Big Fan of IBF
Regulars
Oct 18, 2010
Yes, so the brands sponsored by these guys wud be after them to perform well now!

ajuravi007

Regulars
[OP]
Regulars
Aug 11, 2006
IF they are not performing they will not renew the contract....I believe when sachin was not playing well few years back...Airtel Didnt renew his contract....Is Sachin Still PEpsi?

Fiber_Optic

Regulars
Regulars
Jul 31, 2008
Watching cricket now is live watching a movie after the climax,We should wait for the India-Australia series to bring back the intensity in cricket once again

ajuravi007

Regulars
[OP]
Regulars
Aug 11, 2006
Before that we have a home series against England and we play 5 ODIS against Eng....It will be booster to the audience to see india back in winning ways.....

Jaymin

A Big Fan of IBF
Regulars
Oct 18, 2010
I guess he has left Pepsi. And surprisingly its on far-fetched corners of my brain, that he had featured once in a Coke ad.