Airtel Broadband: My second connection is down since last night.

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 2,776

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
I have sent an email to Airtel Presence. This is a thread for the updates.

No response to my mail yet. No phone calls.

----------

should add here. one of my friends here in gurgaon. his airtel line is down for almost 2-3 months.

multiple complaints have been filed. no resolution yet.

Airtel days r now numbered...

got the call just now for my own complaint though. 😛

----------

i clearly stated that the tech people need to call me 15-20 minutes before they visit as i would have to go to that place.

otherwise they would find it locked.

i bet this instruction would be ignored. 🙁

How do Airtel guys make sure that you stop calling them with complaints?

They have actually thought of a brilliant idea. They have made this song as their caller tune.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=gkz2rHQZYPg

----------

hilarious update.

just been told that they have shifted that connection to my new place.

i had put in a request like months ago. i have already received like 15 calls for it. and i confirmed the cancellation of my request to airtel guys all the time.

so basically... they processed a request that was filed back in June. since their systems were down, it was not processed. i canceled it back in june itself.

i have been getting calls since july about this migration request. told them to cancel it every single time. and now they tell me that the request was processed in the backend so the connection has been disabled at my older address.

wonderful. it would now take them as long as 10 days for migrating the connection back to its original address. could happen faster in 4 days. but for now, this connection remains dead. because it is hanging somewhere in between.

W T F.

Just to update I I have raised 3 request in last 1 week for disturbance in my line (landline) attached to broadband and no one has called me till now. I wonder if they are attending any complaints...

i seriously have no idea what the hell is going on at airtel. i applied for migration of a connection back in June. Nothing was done at that time. Little was done in the month of July. In the meantime, I was able to get my plan changed on the current connection I have and I no longer need that connection to be migrated to this place. they have made like 10-15 calls in the last 10 days about this shifting request. and even though i told them to cancel the request every single time, they initiated the process. (i have an email confirmation from airtel presence that the shifting request was canceled on my confirmation...). broadband is down at the other address. IPTV surprising was working the last time i checked. it has been two days that an airtel guy was told that i need the connection to be moved back to its original address. and i just got another call about the migration. when would i like to schedule the installation at the new address. seriously. unbelievable. shit.

Another update, It's been 2 month since I upgraded to new Airtel plan. Yesterday evening They called me and they say that I am on Home 649 Plan and they would like to offer a 2MBPS plan. I can't believe it, I already paid my 1st Bill and 2nd Bill is due in next 2 days, both in new plan. They are going nuts for sure... Hayai - Come Soon please

I have a feeling that after their system upgrade... They restored OLD DATABASE!That is why all this mess of digging up old tickets and plans!

Another update: my previous complaint for disturbance has been closed (don't know why) have raised another today which will be resolved by tomorrow 6pm

and they called me up today for both of my original requests filed back in June. one for a new connection. one for a connection migration. i was sleeping and pretty much yelled at them. the call for the new connection was from some girl. very annoying. i had to repeat at least 5-6 times... i do not want a new connection. i wanted back in june. not today. it was like KBC. are you sure? yes i am. so you do not want a new connection? no i do not. but you applied for a new one. !@#$%^ back in june !@#%$ how many times would i have to repeat the same thing? I DO NOT WANT A NEW CONNECTION.

Now I am 100% sure this is clear case of old database being restored 😀

or maybe since they did not get any new subscribers during that 25 day period... their sales agents are desperate and contacting everyone who had applied during that time?

Last month I asked them to waive off the gaming charges of Rs.99 from my bill and make sure tht the service is unsubscribed ..But again they have added tht charges for this month also .. So I called them again .. The most irritating thing is after waiting for 15 mins and listening to their stupid music they told me tht their system is down so I call after 2hrs .. I was like why the hell should I call again .. just give me a callback when ur fuking system is up .. But I was informed they don't have outgoing call facility .. Very very annoyed with them .. I just don't have any alternative else I would have kicked them out within 5 mins ..

NON RELATED TOPIC TO THREAD!! JUST TO GET ATTENTION OF SYS OPUnable to post threads, continous redirecting to login page,can you help operamaniac??? I have an important thread to make.

are you on firefox 4/5/6? as for airtel... send an email to airtel presence. they would call you back. that's how i deal with them. i have not made a call to airtel customer care in a long time.