This might cheer you up mtnl 3g users..... :)

• Thread starter Thread starter volcano619
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 2,639
Only interested in 14.4 mbps speeds.

@popcorn....YESTERDay i was in csc of cst mumbai...and they have confirmed.....that they are upgrading to cat12 revision....which is 21 mbps line...This might sound stupid....but i actually saw fibre lines made of manganese and copper alloy...Which are used for high frequency applications.....HIGH BIT RATE = HIGH FREQUNCY...I havnt seen any of those lines in any operator...i hav been to bsnl...in nagpur and aircel in chennai.....and i havnt seen qny of those lines there.....Actually i said ur bluffing to the guy at the CSC but lol....he was a damn serious guy....he asked one of his teckie to take me to the main office...which is a km away....and was shocked to see the reaction of the CSC guy and the lines as well lol.....I askd about other areas also n he said...he dunno about the other areas....because he said only old mumbai is undr their jurisdiction....but he said they might wel be upgrading...but i said wen did mtnl split up...and he said it alwez used to be this way.....(and i thought theres a fight between MTNL and NEW MTNL 😛) jus confirm wid ur CSC if they are really upgrading...???Because as a techomat...those lines are indeed used for high frequency,so hith bit rates...and i can say more than cat9 rev A....that is above 7.2mbps.....for belw these data rates only aluminium fibres are used....i have seen that....

hey volcano u had a volcano i also asked in my csc they said they vil bring the speed of 21.mbps as there is lot of demand by users they vil upgrade it by feb of 2012 as govt is making huge money out of its 3g plans .

----------

they are doing this to bring more competition in market as other companies are looting users of 3g

Thank God for the heavy rains yesterday, otherwise I would have got my 7.2mbps dongle yesterday! Now with this great news from volcano619 and confirmation by Harsh_Thanvi, I'll be getting a 21.6mbps dongle today. It will cost almost twice, but I guess it will be worth it when they upgrade to 21.6mbps speeds! Thank God again that I saw this thread before leaving. I was just about to leave in 15mins and thought to check the forums!

Thank you all for helping out.

@harshi dunno about mumbai a lot dude....As far as the inf. which the csc guy told me...they are already upgrading it to 21.6mbps...as i said his information was about the old mumbai....And according to me....the lines which were used were for some shi**y speeds....i mean big speeds.....more than 10 mbps min...they were of mangnese..for chrisis sake...who uses manganese.....according to some information only BEAM FIBER is using it lol......manganese have a high heat handling capacity.....Actually i wasnt goin to ask bout the sppeds to the csc guy...but the inf... I gt bout speeds in the web trigerred me to ask lol....my 1st post in this thread....i wanted to confirm it by myself....guess what...?? 😛@shah jahanscrew the rains :X THEY RUINED MY DAY FOR BUYING THE SIM...NOW IM STUCK AGAIN WAITING TO BUY MTNL AGAIN...CURSE YOU RAINS....

Since Jan 2009 mtnl had 3G services. Till June 2011 they were the worst 3G service providers.
As soon as they faced competition of just 2 months, they suddenly became the best 3g provider in Mumbai.

----------

As soon as they face a 21mbps competition, then only they will upgrade it to 21 mbps speeds
so dont invest in that dongle for future proofing.

As soon as they face a 21mbps competition, then only they will upgrade it to 21 mbps speeds
so dont invest in that dongle for future proofing.
I didn't. I found 21.6 mbps dongle in just on place and he quoted a price of 4500 so I bought Alcatel 7.2 for Rs. 1750 instead!

@shah jahan
screw the rains :X THEY RUINED MY DAY FOR BUYING THE SIM...NOW IM STUCK AGAIN WAITING TO BUY MTNL AGAIN...CURSE YOU RAINS....
Hard luck brother :-/

---------

Now this is what I'm getting on 7.2mbps Alcatel X230E Data Card :-(

what documents are required to buy a MTNL 3G SIM...??? plzz do anyone tel me...??

----------

@shah jahan...
4500 for 21.6 mbps dongle thats some pretty sh**
try searching ebay or olx.in
they are genuine..no scams....cheaper stufff...we can enjoy...they can enjoy..... 🙂

what documents are required to buy a MTNL 3G SIM...??? plzz do anyone tel me...??

Just a photo copy n some address proof(voter id, telephone bill, electricity bill r any id card issue by government)

will xerox of license work....??? i dun have ny other documents.... 🙁license contains everything addres proof..,id of me...,and etc...issued by government as well...