• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 4,329

probuddha

Regular
ISP
SITI Broadband
Hello Friends,

Is the Gingerbread upgrade 2.3.4 available for Samsung Galaxy Ace yet in India?

I couldn't find any firmware upgrade notification from Kies and the latest version running on my phone is 2.2.1

However, I found an article on upgrading manually to 2.3.4 via Odin at Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread Update For Samsung Galaxy Ace [ Installing Guide ] but I am apprehensive on doing anything that hasn't been officially released by samsung. Has anyone tried this method? Did it work for you? Did you face any problem after upgrading via this route?

Please let me know

Thanks!

It is risky for sure.

In the case of Galaxy S, I have installed many Custom ROMs similar way. There is lot of online support for ROMs & tweaks for this.

Seems there is support for Galaxy ACE too Galaxy Ace S5830 Android Development - xda-developers

I have the Galaxy SL and the gingerbread for that has been released for europe. So i manually downloaded the files and did it via ODIN. its pretty easy. The chances of you bricking your phone are very very slim. Just ensure your phone has adequate battery before doing this.

its now available from kies ... just updated my phone and working fine android version : 2.3.4baseband version : s5830ddkq5

Hows Galaxy ace? I am planning to purchase a new phone, confused between galaxy ace, galaxy s (not s2) and xperia mini.

Galaxy ace is their budget model i think 😕 why would you consider it along with galaxy s if you can afford the latter?

Galaxy S and xperia x10 are out of stock in some stores which I inquired here. I cant go online, as I have a phone to exchange