US Open

• Thread starter Thread starter viralbug
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 433
  • Views Views 71,724
Fish wins easily 6-2, 6-2, 6-1Monfils, Cilic, Berdych, Karlovic, Gasquet, Stepanek all win in straight sets.

[TD="align: left"]Round 1: Roger Federer (3) def Santiago Giraldo [/TD][TD="align: center"][/TD][TD="align: center"]6-4[/TD][TD="align: center"];[/TD][TD="align: center"]6-3[/TD][TD="align: center"][/TD][TD="align: center"]; 6-2 [/TD][TD="align: left"][/TD]

Bad play by FedererHe was up 5-1 in 1st set and 2 set points at 40-15...but gave up both and then he was broken twice and score became 5-4.Then in 2nd set he was up 3-0 but was broken again to make 3-2.Didnt see 3rd set as I knew that he will win.

Bad play by Federer

He was up 5-1 in 1st set and 2 set points at 40-15...but gave up both and then he was broken twice and score became 5-4.

Then in 2nd set he was up 3-0 but was broken again to make 3-2.

Didnt see 3rd set as I knew that he will win.

I saw the final moment of 3rd Sets....he had 2 match points on Santiago Giraldo's serve but he lost the game but eventually won the match on his serve...

B/w how is Djokovic's injury holding up... he was seriously struggling in the final against Murray @ Cincinati...

----------

Copy + paste resulted in this funny color ^

Round 1 (Day 2)

Arthur Ashe Stadium

Djokovic v/s Niland (around 12:00AM IST i.e. midnight)
Nadal v/s Golubev (4:30AM i.e. tomorrow early morning)

Louis Armstrong Stadium

Ferrer v/s Andreev (8:30PM)
Blake v/s Galung (2:30AM)

Other players to play today are:
Tsonga, Verdasco, Davydenko, Wawarinka, Youzhny

Full schedule: Schedule of Play | 2011 US Open Official Site

Djokovic wins 6-0, 5-1.. opponent retires.

Nadal wins 6-3 7-6(7-1) 7-5
Looks like he had a tough match.
Opponent hit 41 winners compared to JUST 18 by Nadal.
But opponent also has 59 unforced errors compared to JUST 16 by Nadal. This was key to Nadal's survival
Nadal was broken 6 times! But he broke opponet 8 times.

Tsonga wins in straight sets.
Ferrer, Verdasco, Nalbandian, Wawarinka win in 4 sets after 1st set loss.
Blake too wins in 4 sets after dropping the third.

Davydenko survives in 5 setter.

FIRST MINOR UPSET: 16th seed Youzhny losses in straight sets!

Round 1 (Day 3)

Arthur Ashe Stadium

Murray v/s Devvarman (10:30PM IST)
Roddick v/s Russell (4:30AM i.e. tomorrow early morning)

Louis Armstrong Stadium

Del Potro v/s Volandri (around 10PM)
Baghdatis v/s Isner (2:30AM)

Soderling, Simon

Murray wins over Devvarman in 3 sets. 7-6 (7-5), 6-2, 6-3

Devvarman gave good fight in 1st set but he didnt have game to beat Murray.

Del Potro wins easily.

Roddick wins in 4 sets.

Isner beat Baghdatis in 4 sets.

Simon survive in 5 setter!

Minor upset: 10th seed Almagro goes out in mere 3 sets

BIG UPSET IN MEN's DOUBLES:

TOP SEED Bryan brothers beaten in 1st round (first time since 2001 in grandslams!!)

They were beaten by Karlovic and Moser

Venus Willaims withdraws due to illness and gives walkover to opponent in 2nd round.

Sania Mirza also OUT as expected!! 😀

Did see some the points between Murray & Devvarman....he played well against Murrany in the first....but i was not interested to see any further as i know he will loose and i cant digest his loss to the scotman...Hats off to him he put up a good fight.....

Round 2 (Day 1)

Arthur Ashe Stadium

Federer v/s Sela (around 10PM IST)
Djokovic v/s Berlocq (around 6AM i.e. tomorrow early morning)

Louis Armstrong Stadium

Ferrero v/s Monfils (around 10PM) (First big match - Ferrero is former world no.1 and grandslam winner)
Fish v/s Jaziri (after above match)

Berdych, Tsonga, Stepanek, Davydenko, Tomic v/s Cilic, Gasquet v/s Karlovic

Did see some the points between Murray & Devvarman....he played well against Murrany in the first....but i was not interested to see any further as i know he will loose and i cant digest his loss to the scotman...Hats off to him he put up a good fight.....

Common, one set shouldn't be called Good fight... He used all his effort in first set... I felt quite embarrased seeing murray toying with Dev... He was no match to Murray... the second to last game was an example, Murray was broken,infact he gifted the game with some foolish shots..... I felt as if India was playing Kenya (that actually looks more competitive)...

----------

Round 2 (Day 1)

Arthur Ashe Stadium

Federer v/s Sela (around 10PM IST)

Roger won - 6-3 6-2 6-2

i'm watching it on hd streams on net (hd as in what youtube calls hd , not real hd) . won't watch it in sd on ten , i hate watching sports in sd . if you want links to HD streams for this , pm me . minimum speed requires is 3 mbps .