about HSDPA of mtnl 3g...

volcano619

Prononimous
[OP]
Regulars
do we have to recharge it with 449 rs. to get hsdpa....??? I mean is it ok if i jus get a 3g sim and use it in modem....??..will i be getting 3.6mbps as promised (not pratically).....i mean to say hsdpa speeds without that recharge thing...???Please do reply fast....waiting anxiously....THANKS AND REGARDS....

v1rus

Regular
Regulars
Apr 28, 2011
In delhi there is no additional recharge required.there is a thread regarding MTNL mumbai you can check that for latest information.

volcano619

Prononimous
[OP]
Regulars
thanks for your response.....I wanted to ask....that is it worth getting a mtnl 3g connection.....MY NEEDS ARE PURELY HEAVY....IM A HEAVY DOWNLOADERR BY BIRTH.....so should i go for the plan....i have micromax 3g modem....and yea im not in a MTNL 3G circle....im going to use it in BSNL 3G CIRCLE.....And finally....bsnl 3g supports data rates upto 7.2mbps theorotically....will i be getting that speeds....i used to get about 4 mbps in bsnl 3g practically.....and theres no one using 3g in my area....i can assure you that.....what speeds should i expect from mtnl 3g according to the scenario i have put you in....??? THANKS AND REGARDS :)

bbfreak

Regular
Regulars
Aug 6, 2011
If i understand correctly u said u will be using it in BSNL 3G circle, if u will be using in BSNL circle then get a BSNL number but u also said u have used BSNL and got 4mbps, then whats the problem.

volcano619

Prononimous
[OP]
Regulars
yes...i did say that....but i also said that im a heavy downloader.....so heavy downloading needs UL plans....which the bsnl 3g is not providing..... :)but mtnl 3g does i guess.... :)that too without any roaming charges n lets not forget the fact that it provides at 750/- p.m. Which is dead cheap i guess... :)before movin forward again i want to clarify my doubts posted in previous posts.... PLZZ DO REPLY PROS...I'm aware of every technical word related to communication....jus want to know the facts thats it..... :)

bbfreak

Regular
Regulars
Aug 6, 2011
Theoretically MTNL provides only 3.6mbps, so i think u cant get more that 3.6. but in true world i can tell you i get around 1.0 to 1.5 mbps(delhi) not sure about mumbai.the biggest pro about mtnl is that u will get consistent 3g speeds without much fluctuation

volcano619

Prononimous
[OP]
Regulars
thanks that did help me a bit.....but by your views i think the packet losses are less and i should get less latency...but thats not the point....because i wanna know more about mumbai servers.....IS IT WORTH GOING FOR MTNL 3G IN BSNL CIRCLE FOR UL DOWNLOADS FOR 750 P.M....??