BSNL Credit Limit 2000 in 3G but billed 78000 !!

ISP
bsnl 3g
Hello,I have a bsnl 3g connection of rs1349 for 15 gb of usage. My credit limit is rs2000Now i have been billed for rs 78000. i went and checked the records and in fact i have used close to 35gb. But my point is that if my credit limit is rs 2000 then how was i allowed to use over and above my normal plan that is 15 gb ?? Should my internet connection be not disconnected immediately when i crossed rs 2000 in charges which is my credit limit ?What is the solution to this ?Any help would be appreciated.. i cant pay that much money even if i want to... and i thought that if my limit is 2000 then i would never be charged more than that.. thats why i took this plan in the first place..Please helpthanksgaurav

do you have anything in writing which say the credit limit is indeed 2000 INR? Also read the fine print does it say that you have to watch your own lmit or some similar text ? if not you can file a claim with small consumer court near by. before that Consult with local BSNL highest authority on this matter. .chances are they state your credit limit but not the steps they will take to go against it YOU might win the suit, please come back and update the status periodically.

One of the local bsnl officer said that the credit limit is rs 2000 but the connection will not be disconnected automatically nor will you be intimated by any means !!

Then what is the purpose of mentioning the credit limit on the bsnl bill itself if it is only on paper.

BSNL 3G Broadband Data Card Complaints - Fault Bill

Many people here are suffering from the same problem and no one is doing anything to resolve the issue.

I will post more updates as i find more information.

Try talking to the accounts officer. Normally they reduce the amount to some Rs. 5,000 or something.

accounts officer have that much power ? they can reduce from 78000 to 5000 to 8000 ? I will definitely try this. I will post more updates on monday cause tomorrow is sunday and not much can be done...

They can do if you can convince them that this is an error and you are in no position to pay such a huge amount. It is the same with broadband since a long time. I have seen people with bills in thousands get it reduced to payable amounts when they could convince of their ignorance / error. Better visit in person.

Ok, I can understand the problem you're having, I can feel your beat.Goto the office and talk to JTo, if he doesnt help (MOST LIKELY), then talk to the Nodal office, goto their main office, tell them about the credit thing.

oh man u r damned, I feel sorry for you 🙁
Not exactly helping him, are you?

If you have any written or printed documentation that you have a bill limiter plan then go and show it to BSNL. If they don't reduce your bill then go to consumer court and file a case of fraud against BSNL. They usually give in at that stage. Oh and please try to not pay a single paise above the credit limit.

Explain your situation politely to the accounts officer, I'm sure that will fix things. I've seen people reduce their bills in that way.

Hi I too facing similar issue. My BSNL Postpaid bill came more then 1 Lakh but my credit limit is 14000. Please help me what should i do.