Vodafone raises base data charges for iPhone - Why?

• Thread starter Thread starter GarfieldDC
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 4,026

GarfieldDC

Regular
ISP
Beam Fiber
I received this SMS from Vodafone yesterday:"Dear Customer, Base Tariff rates for data usage on iPhone is being revised from 5p/10KB to 10p/10KB effective 27th August"Once again, I don't understand why they raise charges only for a specific device? Is 1KB of data somehow different when consumed on an iPhone? NO! It's ridiculous!

How about this for a theory 😀 "This guy carries an iPhone - He must be rich - Lets rob him...."

Right .. This is just plain ridiculous .. They lack basic common sense ...Btw GarfieldDC .. It means they do have separate plans for iPhone .. right?? so they r telling u wrong things regarding tht hotspot issue ..

Isse kehte hain..Behti Ganga Mein Hath Dhona.

Telecom tariffs are being raised across the board, so there will never be a better opportunity!

btw I just checked.. the base tariff was already 10p / 10KB for other devices too .. So not sure if tht message made any difference ..

Hello Garfield,

Kindly share your number with us here Vodafone India - Complaints - Requests - Enquires We'll contact you at the earliest to address your concern.

Regards,
Vodafone Customer Care

I would suggest you first make an effort to resolve my earlier concern about my inability to tether on my 3G plan. I had shared my number at the same link you keep mentioning. My number was shared 5 days ago and I haven't received even a single call from Vodafone yet.

You seriously do not understand what customer service in the social media is all about. You haven't the slightest clue. It certainly is not about throwing canned responses at your customers and redirecting them to your website or another link. In most cases they would have tried that already and not having received a call back or resolution from you they have turned to a social media site to ask others for help/advice. Customer service in the social media is about interacting with your customers and understanding issues and providing resolutions in real time or in an acceptable timeframe.

I know of several companies out there who do this right and amazingly well because behind every one of their social media ids/accounts they have an actual person who customers can interact with and not someone throws the same standard response at them whatever be the issue. A lot of issues are resolved real time. For issues that would need a lot more information or follow up you are redirected to another live person and not a person who sound like a machine.

So please do your homework before you get on to social media sites wanting to resolve customer issues. Understand the medium and the expectations from customers that use that medium. Social media is a whole different ball game and needs a much much faster response time.

^^Exactly! I totally agree with what you said.The way these companies(Vodafone) are handling social media marketing is laughable. There is hardly any difference between spam posts and Vodafone India's posts! I strongly feel admin should ban user 'Vodafone India' from this site so that they will learn a lesson that blindly copy-pasting a reply is not going to work.

iPhone is considered a "Data Hog", thats why they may have raised the charges, but its 10p/10kb for all other devices as wellAs for VodafoneIndia who posts here, i think is a popat(parrot)

I simply edited my APN to www using the iPhone configuration utility. Can't tether either on 3G or 2G without jailbreak but won't go for the iPhone plans just because of that.

Went to a Vodafone store in Delhi to get a microsim. Asked them about the data plans for iPhone. They told me that on prepaid only pay as you go plan works. But they do have data plans for postpaid for both 2G and 3G.To activate iPhone services you need to send a message "ACT IPHONE" to 144. After the iPhone services are activated the personal hotspot will work fine. Now after activating iPhone services I again edited my APN to www. Now I can use regular 2G and 3G plans on my prepaid and still have an activated hotspot.