• Thread starter Thread starter emptymt
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 116
  • Views Views 41,521

emptymt

Regular
ISP
MTNL
Seems like Hathway HD had been launched. Enquired with CC and they said that bookings should begin 1st week of Sept. Currently they are only providing demos. Gave me a cell phone number to contact for a demo. CC wasn't helpful beyond that and haven't managed to get through the cell no all day.Anyone booked the demo? or have any pricing details on the box and/or HD channel list?

I had never contacted with Hathway CC, for any issue cable wala was the contact person. But why don't you share the contact details . Lets try to book Demo

HATHway HD, good move...It is really The sleeping tiger of India.Really hoping they will launch some good products in tv and broadband space. Cable BB targets depends a lot on their commitment.:rose:They need to re-invent otherwise DTH will really kill them in a matter of 1 or 2 year. there market cap has already tanked thanks to DTH.:wink (2):

Is this only in Mumbai.. ??

Its Availabe in Mumbai, New Delhi, Chennai, Pune, Bangalore and Hyderabad.

Digital Cable TV not HD. HD was suppossed to be launched 1st at Bangalore, but its gr8 that they are starting it from Mumbai !!!

But if they are going HD, then it will surely hit the DTH players badly. Coz the main advantage of DTH is that we get HD channels on it. Yeah may be they wud still hold the edge in the DVR section, but still, for those who just want to watch HD, they can always rely on Cable line, rather than DTH, which is prone to be affected by sudden weather changes over here.Or may be if the Cable guy is too bad, then it wud affect that particular area, but still HD on cable line is really promising.

Yes my parents say once the annual pack of my Airtel DTH is over they gonna kick it out of home. and be back to cable with hathway STB. But in the mean time if this is launched i would surely go for this. 😀

I wud suggest u wait till this comes before u "kick" out any DTH. Just add enough amounts to continue ur subscription for that much period. When HD comes buy that box only. Else u will end up spending twice on STBs.

Actually i was having the hathway STB about 2 years back...i used that STB for about 6 months and when i returned it got my whole money back 😛 😀

----------

Well i still have about 3 months balance in my account after the annual pack is over 😕

----------

I was just wondering was anyone able to replace HDD in the DVR over here??

Still not sure how this entire things is going to work.. I mean we hardly have HD channels to begin with... And even for the present ones they will charge more...

Yes my parents say once the annual pack of my Airtel DTH is over they gonna kick it out of home. and be back to cable with hathway STB. But in the mean time if this is launched i would surely go for this. 😀

It has not been a month of my dth conn. and my mom has started saying 'bahut jhamela hai'. One day i saw her gazing at the black screen at TV, i said wht happened? she replied "wahi no signal."..Then i realized it was our first STB 'hang' experience. taught her abt the reset. She now says Cable ws better just call and the guy will come and all that.

For my parents there are 2 issues.1st The service is down when there is bad weather. (Even if it dont rain).2nd PQ of SD DTH is worse than that of cable with STB.

For my parents there are 2 issues.
1st The service is down when there is bad weather. (Even if it dont rain).
2nd PQ of SD DTH is worse than that of cable with STB.
The first one is the major problem though in my case it happens only in case really torrential rain.
I see a lot of anger bcoz of my adamance to shift to DTH fr that 'better experience'.

Still not sure how this entire things is going to work.. I mean we hardly have HD channels to begin with... And even for the present ones they will charge more...

Hathway Cable is already having UTV Star HD, News Express HD and M Tune HD which most of the DTH are still not having. So, I think they are well prepared with that. SD Quality of Star Channels are superb and looks like HD only in 21" Inch TV. At first I thought it was HD only bt Channel logo clarified it.

Regarding transmission, they have tied up with Tata to use their OFC for HD Channel. So, it seems that they are late but planning is foolproof .

----------

Actually i was having the hathway STB about 2 years back...i used that STB for about 6 months and when i returned it got my whole money back 😛 😀

----------

Well i still have about 3 months balance in my account after the annual pack is over 😕

----------

I was just wondering was anyone able to replace HDD in the DVR over here??

Lucky Enough to gt refund of your STB amount dude. My Cable operator had clarified me on Day 1 that STB is non refundable and I have to keep it with myself once I purchase it. It costs me Rs 1000. But I don't think this STB gonna support HD Channels bcoz its MPEG2 make and not having HDMI Port also.

Yea costed me Rs. 900. And the STB is more or less what we get in SD DTH when it comes to port and everything external stuff.