• Thread starter Thread starter rodeoz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 1,168

rodeoz

Mirror Cracking Material
ISP
Airtel
So I bought an iPhone 4 in India which was locked to some unknown carrier (&unlocked using Gevey sim) for some 26,000 Rs. Was pretty happy that I got it for around 6,000 cheaper than the factory unlocked one till Gevey started giving me all sorts of problems. Also with iOS 5 around the corner and no possible unlock in sight I thought it was time I risk my money with websites offering remote unlocking services.After some research I found "cutyoursim" - offering both:1) Find out which network your iPhone was locked to;2) Unlock it.I trusted them, paid them around 4,500 Rs for this and in 5 business days my phone was factory unlocked using iTunes. Apparently they have access to Apple's database and put your IMEI in the whitelist. Some people have said that Apple may eventually find out and relock these phones others are saying that cutyoursim's method is different. Whatever the case be, at the moment it has been 6 months since they started their service and nothing has happened.As per the website the unlock is irreversible.This is just my review. I am not asking you to get your phones unlocked using them.CheersA

26k+4.5k for a phone that might have a risk to getting locked again in the future & 31-32k for a fully factory unlocked phone... Hmm that's a tough choice to make zzz... Anyway I think I recall many phones available on eBay that were locked to AT&T available for 15-18k... This trick might be good for them 🙂... Anyway thanks for ur input & this surely will help some guys out there with locked phone & with so many untrustworthy sites out there ready to scam us... Atleast now we know of atleast 1 site that isn't a scam...

Yeah. That was stupid on my part. Shifted to an iPhone from an Android and wasn't really knowledgeable about Gevey and such stuff.Hopefully the unlock will help me upgrade to iOS 5 without any issues!