Dish TV to bring CAM product to India’s DTH market !!!

With all the STB's being provider branded,i) Who takes care of the firmware,etc. updates?ii) Will I end up with an Airtel interface watching Dish channels(If I use this module on an Airtel DTH STB)?Any idea on the above 2?

With all the STB's being provider branded,
i) Who takes care of the firmware,etc. updates?
ii) Will I end up with an Airtel interface watching Dish channels(If I use this module on an Airtel DTH STB)?
Any idea on the above 2?

1. it will be STB manufacturer's headache now not DTH ops...may be a USB update sort of thing can be used.
2. YES

Few U interactive services will not work properly with CAM. like games, shadi.com etc.

----------

I sent mail to cc to know about CAM price & availability but they replied me by phone that its not in market now. Can anybody try of you?

With all the STB's being provider branded,
i) Who takes care of the firmware,etc. updates?
ii) Will I end up with an Airtel interface watching Dish channels(If I use this module on an Airtel DTH STB)?
Any idea on the above 2?

Firmware means? What is it? Thanks.

I MU told that ur friend used cam & it not worked on his stb. That seems true because on D2H box they mentioned on box that if the std not able to support cam system suppose the stb is waste for it. It means they sold it already with non cas supported stb. They make fool to customers & making them secure from portability. Right?