"AIRTEL DIGITAL TV" is reputed as "THE WORST DTH CONNECTION EVER". It is full of cheats and hypocrit

ISP
airtel dth
This is L Suresh Kumar, having AIRTEL DTH, an unfortunate person, who(don't know in which cursed time) chose to trust "AIRTEL DIGITAL TV". I can definitely say this "AIRTEL DIGITAL TV WAS DESIGNED TO FIRST TRAP YOU WITH EXOTIC OFFERS AND THEN SUCK THE BLOOD OUT OF CUSTOMER SLOWLY BUT SURELY THROUGH ITS SERVICE" Yes, my folks, I am a victim of "AIRTEL DIGITAL TV" service which is full of cheats and apathetic people, who are still stubborn and relentless even after troubling me for "" 3 MONTHS "" Yes, they like making customers like me, who tried every way of persuading them to help me: once by trying their customer care helpline(which doesn't help at all and when demanding explanation "PUTS OFF YOUR PHONE"(pune customer care, 23 aug 2011)), tried writing so many emails to AIRTEL(which, I feel deletes my emails without even looking at them) and finally tried to contact(and literally plead) to our local agent who sold us this horrible machine.My story goes like this, after buying "AIRTEL DIGITAL TV" within "8 MONTHS", my set top box failed and had to be replaced "WITH AN OLD SET TOP BOX" (they took Rs 350 for it)...then again after some time, it too started giving us problems(we suspect the replaced set top box was faulty as well). Then, came the time for my suffering, 3 months back I gave my first complaint through all the 3 ways described above...they took 1 month to respond, come to my home check(like enjoying the 'TAMAASHAA'), told us set top box needs to be replaced(as if we didn't know that) and went away giving the excuse that "set top box is not available for now" After continuously calling, pleading on the local and customer care numbers, they came again(after nearly 2 months) i. e. 2 days back and replaced the faulty set top box with another "OLD SET TOP BOX" (they charged me Rs 350 again). Now this set top box is even more faulty and worst than previous one.We again called up customer care and explained the situation and demanded an explanation, "THE WOMAN PUT OUR PHONE OFF ON OUR FACE"(this incident happened today i.e. 23rd Aug 2011 in afternoon(pune customer care)). I urge the officials to have a "sense of shame" in troubling their valuable customer like this, although I believe, my voice would fall on deaf years.If you have any kind of repentance, try to solve my problem atleast now...otherwise i would have no other option left but to terminate my "AIRTEL DIGITAL TV" connection...Well, I am looking for Tata Sky now...heard that it is good...just hope i won't undergo the same trial for second time...

Not sure many would agree with you... about Airtel DTH.. but yours must have been bad one...anyways, before going for Tata Sky browse the forum here before jumping to conclusion... I have Tatasky HD+ and feel its best in term of quality... but price vs channels Tatasky has the least number... so suit yourself!

^^ @ashofthefuture...when you say "STB started giving us problems" what exactly was the case? can u plz detail.

----------

BTW 2 months to replace STB !!! You have mistakes too,u should have directly called the nodal officer directly when the second one failed.

thank you all my folks for responding and giving your valuable suggestions....to be precise, all this was happening for 2months 15 days...in my first stb(first one while buying) we faced the problems that made my connection go blank i.e. i was getting nothing(just a blue screen similar to when u keep ur tv on standby)....my next i.e. second stb had problems i.e. when i switched on my stb i used to get a message"invalid card" and only after 15-20 min after waiting/restarting i used to get my signal....after facing all this we were really frustrated and angry when we installed 3rd one and connection snapped in a sunny afternoon(no bad weather)....then contacted everyone whose nos we had i.e. operator, local agent, helpline etc.......after 2 days they had come and evaluated the entire equipment...they rechecked antenna and also my stb...they said "maybe it was signal problem" we have already warned them that if we face another prob any sooner we wouldn't tolerate... Also i agree that, airtel may be having good signal connection(i don't deny it) but it definitely have worst "customer service"...in my locality, i hav another airtel user who also has suffered due to their service...maybe it would be problem with local authority but it is definitely very frustrating for customer who pays money and still have to take all this tension...

thank you all my folks for responding and giving your valuable suggestions....to be precise, all this was happening for 2months 15 days...in my first stb(first one while buying) we faced the problems that made my connection go blank i.e. i was getting nothing(just a blue screen similar to when u keep ur tv on standby)....my next i.e. second stb had problems i.e. when i switched on my stb i used to get a message"invalid card" and only after 15-20 min after waiting/restarting i used to get my signal....after facing all this we were really frustrated and angry when we installed 3rd one and connection snapped in a sunny afternoon(no bad weather)....then contacted everyone whose nos we had i.e. operator, local agent, helpline etc.......after 2 days they had come and evaluated the entire equipment...they rechecked antenna and also my stb...they said "maybe it was signal problem" we have already warned them that if we face another prob any sooner we wouldn't tolerate...

Also i agree that, airtel may be having good signal connection(i don't deny it) but it definitely have worst "customer service"...in my locality, i hav another airtel user who also has suffered due to their service...maybe it would be problem with local authority but it is definitely very frustrating for customer who pays money and still have to take all this tension...

Only one question... You say that the STB had issues within 8 months...If this is the case then why didn't you go for replacement under warranty?

----------

Not sure many would agree with you... about Airtel DTH.. but yours must have been bad one...

anyways, before going for Tata Sky browse the forum here before jumping to conclusion...

I have Tatasky HD+ and feel its best in term of quality... but price vs channels Tatasky has the least number... so suit yourself!

I am a TATA SKY SD customer since 3 years and had absolutely no issues with their customer service. Now, I am looking for an HD connection (Non DVR) and am confused between TATA SKY and Videocon D2H. Since you are already using TATA SKY HD-DVR (I guess the picture quality is same in HD and HD-DVR), how would you compare / rate it with respect to Videocon D2H. In fact, can you compare it with Airtel and Videocon, both?

Thanks in advance.

Airtel has pathetic support from the dealers.I had a similar issue in replacing my faulty Kaonmedia HD STB(Most Kaonmedia HD boxes are faulty)They replaced with another Kaonmedia STB which was worthless.Decided to throwaway airtel and shifted to Tata Sky HD+.One thing I noticed in your post is that You mentioned they charged Rs 350 for the replacement box when you are within the warranty period.There are not supposed to charge you.Also make sure to always contact respective Nodal Officer.You will get immediate response.

Only one question... You say that the STB had issues within 8 months...If this is the case then why didn't you go for replacement under warranty?

----------

I am a Tata Sky SD customer since 3 years and had absolutely no issues with their customer service. Now, I am looking for an HD connection (Non DVR) and am confused between TATA SKY and Videocon D2H. Since you are already using TATA SKY HD-DVR (I guess the picture quality is same in HD and HD-DVR), how would you compare / rate it with respect to Videocon D2H. In fact, can you compare it with Airtel and Videocon, both?

Thanks in advance.
go for videocon if you want hd as tata sky is not going to add any hd channel till next year (not sure of even that ). espn hd is missing from tata sky hd . unless you only like cricket and never watch any other sport , i really would recommend videocon .these days i'm watching hd feeds of sports through my net (hd as in "youtube hd" not real hd).

ESPN HD is getting added on 28th this month on Tata Sky.New Channels will be added once Gsat10 launches in the second quarter next year.

ESPN HD is getting added on 28th this month on Tata Sky.
New Channels will be added once Gsat10 launches in the second quarter next year.
ty for telling me . i'll recharge as soon as espn hd gets added .

ESPN HD is getting added on 28th this month on Tata Sky.
New Channels will be added once Gsat10 launches in the second quarter next year.
Any news about Star Cricket HD?

Airtel customer care support is a disgrace. Well, I might not be exactly true. They are adding to their reputation of being extremely customer insensitive. I curse my lethargic attitude of jumping in and booking an Airtel DTH without checking out for customer care experiences and am paying for that dearly. I have booked through Online and still have no clues as to what will happen and when. Neither does the personnel at the customer care who are hard to find and harder to talk to. They have only one answer that all your troubles will be sorted in maximum 1 hours time and that some one will call back to clear your issues. No one ever called me, I only keep calling them and wasting my time, energy and patience.I cannot wait to get some one actually at Airtel to let go of my emotions...!!! any one guys??

Oh God! I was planning to switch over from my Tata Sky to Airtel DTH. However after seeing all these negative comments here, i would think once again before taking any decision.