Laptop around 20K

anyone??? 47 views but no replies 😕

I suggest you provide a little more detail. What is he going to be using the laptop for? Does he have any specs he is particular about?Personally, I think a 20K budget is too less for a reliable laptop that will last you a few years without any problems. 20K or less is more of the Netbook range. I think it makes more sense if you have a budget of around 30K. You also need to remember that upgrading hardware on a laptop after you buy it is not that easy.

MSI and Asus should fit in that maybe around 22000 to 24000

this was one of the models i considered when i was buying a netbook for dad. in the end decided against it because of the battery life issue. netbooks give much better battery life. and would probably be able to do a majority of stuff that you can do on this one. the only major difference is of course the screen size. if he can survive with a smaller screen, a netbook would be a much better investment largely because of the battery life. if not, well there are not many options in the 20-22K range because you would have to get an ancient pentium dual core processor which sucks imho. as for your question, no idea about toshiba's after sales service.

Any specific model that you wanna suggest??

----------

Actually i asked him about the screen size was suggesting him Dell mini which was costing about 20K but then its 10 in and he refused on it.
I have just googled after sales of toshiba and its marked as hcl does it.
have to check it if what will be the repair time if anything goes wrong.
Currently he was on single core and 1gb ram and he was okay with it. There is some price constraints with him and cant even force him for increasing the budget

Flipkart.com: HP Pavilion DM1 Series DM1-3210AU: Computer
Flipkart.com: HP Pavilion DM1 Series DM1-3210AU: Computer

Update: 11 inches. forget it.

looks to be powered by AMD APUs.

----------

errm.

HP is the world's largest PC maker. they are NOT SHUTTING down their PC business. it might become a separate company. just like motorola mobility got separated from motorola.

----------

some reference links:

HP Communities - A Toast to Opportunity - HP Communities

https://twitter.com/#!/HP/status/105053624744427521