how long for plan change

• Thread starter Thread starter crosswire
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 3,151
You need to check the data rate for that. If downstream data rate is not corresponding to 4 Mbps, talk to SDE and get it corrected.

Hi dilip, it has not yet been changed for me and it is nearly one and a half months now. The speed is reset today as it should be but I am not sure if the plan has changed. You told me that I could check the plan change status somewhere. Where can I check it. When the BSNL guys were called up last week they said they were facing some problems due to which they could not change plan. Then we said them to cancel the previous written request if needed and do a fresh online application but they said that would also not help. No offense but one and a half months for a plan change and that too to a higher plan is ridiculous to say the least. Please tell me where to check the plan change details and if it is effective or not.

----------

I am trying to register at selfcare now.

The sample bill there is nowhere near the bill we receive. But I have an unique ID in my bill too. Is that fine.

Secondly, the phone/broadband was taken even before I came to Guwahati and my dad never had an email address. So, I dont think there has ever been any email address for communication. So, which email address do I use in the email address section. Do I use the @bsnl.in email of the broadband connection or my own personal email. And if I use the @bsnl.in email then where do I check the mails. Are there any webmail for the same.

1. You need to check in your usage details portal. There will be a page where you can see a history of orders submitted.

2. You can call your local exchange for the current plan status. Ask them to check which plan you are currently in. Also ask them the status of your plan change request.

Secondly, the phone/broadband was taken even before I came to Guwahati and my dad never had an email address. So, I dont think there has ever been any email address for communication. So, which email address do I use in the email address section. Do I use the @bsnl.in email of the broadband connection or my own personal email. And if I use the @bsnl.in email then where do I check the mails. Are there any webmail for the same.

3. Not sure. I am not using self care portal. You can check the same with your local exchange.

4. If you still see no progress, complain here

http://mis.bsnl.co.in/pgs/internet/pgwebregn.asp

Where do I check the emails for the BSNL user id which is @bsnl.in

And what is the password for the same.

I am trying to login at

Login

with the broadband user id which is USERNAME@bsnl.in and the password for my broadband but it is not working. Is that different from the broadband one. If so, what is the password for the email address USERNAME@bsnl.in and where can I find that.

For checking / accessing BSNL emails use mail.bsnl.in. Id is normally username@bsnl.in and default password will be password.

For checking / accessing BSNL emails use mail.bsnl.in. Id is normally username@bsnl.in and default password will be password.

No. It is not working. I tried with all things at mail.bnsl.in including my broadband password, the default "password" as well as the landline number without the STD code. Nothing seems to work out. It is a connection from 2008 if that makes any difference.

Secondly, I am trying to register at self care using a gmail address. There is rains for the last 45 minutes and so, DSL is going off continuously as has been the case always with BSNL. So, self care is continuously timing out and not registering. But finally when I managed to go the next page after wasting 45 mins I see this bloody error

"Broadband User ID is Invalid or You do not have Active Broadband in Your Service."

I had used USERNAME@bsnl.in that I use for broadband configuration for user ID. What else is user id.

Try just username. No need to use @bsnl.in. If you add @bsnl.in, it is email ID. I am amazed that password didn't work. Did you by mistake had any caps ON ? If no such error, you have no other option than contacting BSNL office.

Try just username. No need to use @bsnl.in. If you add @bsnl.in, it is email ID. I am amazed that password didn't work. Did you by mistake had any caps ON ? If no such error, you have no other option than contacting BSNL office.

Mail at mail.bsnl.in is not working and still shows.

The username and password you have entered do not match. Please try again.

And I have even typed in a notepad this time and pasted it to make sure it is the broadband password but still showing the same error.

For self care, I tried with both the @bsnl.in and tried without it too. Right now I again tried with simply the username part without the @bsnl.in but it is showing the same error

Broadband User ID is Invalid or You do not have Active Broadband in Your Service.

I have been contacting them tons of times for one and a half months and my plan has not yet been upgraded and I do not have any specific information. Not sure how contacting them would help but maybe that is the only option being a BSNL customer. No offense but if there would have been a better ISP or for that matter any national competitor in Guwahati I would have kicked their arses off and taken a new connection from some other provider with the speed at which things go in BSNL. But sadly even that is not an option and BSNL is the only provider here.

I understand your feelings. At times BSNL can be very torturing. A few other users has also reported problem registering at the portal. They contacted customer care who mailed them ID and password. May be you should try that method. Also make a call to your exchange tomorrow or visit the broadband section. Ask for your email and password. Also seek their assistance in registering at portal. You can ask them check the status of your plan change in their computer.Also use the link in post no. 18 (option 4), users has reported response in 2-3 days. If nothing works, write to Nodal officer and Appellate authority (with acknowledgement). ID, address and phone no. behind your bill. Call them and seek help.