Updating to Symbian Anna

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 6,221
1st time ever I have seen any Mobile company publishing Software Upgrade Ad on Newspaper:

ah ha ha. well we all know that Nokia users are usually not very proactive at updating their phones. OTA updates might change that though. the experience of updating it through their desktop app is frustrating to say the least.

This update is of 235 MB (approx) and after downloading it took merely 5 minutes for new Operating system to be Installed. I doubt why this New Operating System Named " Anna ". Are they also inspired with Anna Hazare 😀

my e5 update via OTA was just 16 seconds download of 16MB update !it went like a charm ! firmware updated in 1 minute via OTA

Oh Man, Whats going on !!! Till now I haven't used the Anna OS pretty well and next update named Belle is getting launched 🙂

Nokia seems to be back in action !!!

----------

The best thing I found in this Anna OS is the new Avtaar of Browser. Till Now Nokia was using same old Browser of S40 even in S^3, but now they have developed a New browser with all new different look and fast to use.

Be careful when you update to Symbian 'Anna'. CBI/RAW/IB might start snooping on you.

see you are not getting their strategy. they are aiming to disappoint their users so much with symbian that they all go wah wah when wp mango devices are launched later this year.

1st time ever I have seen any Mobile company publishing Software Upgrade Ad on Newspaper:

i think first time they released some major update ...

----------

heh. if the rumors in the market are true, microsoft might soon acquire Nokia and well... HTC/Samsung/LG would be back to square one.

i really hope webOS is sold to HTC in the future.

I guess HTC has there own os too .. there are few entry level touch screen mobile on that ...