Updating to Symbian Anna

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 6,227
symbian^3 .. was major update but they won't allow it was not available for upgrade ... its bundled with new handset only ... previously they use to provide update for other handset but not as major as this one ..BREW .. yeah thats correct ... ohh so they don't own the same .. still they are at better place they can choose any one who offer better offers

and people still blame google for the android mess. i bet there are more symbian discards in this country alone compared to androids around the world.

----------

well it is always good to have a backup platform.

samsung made a smart move with bada. it is already in version 3 now i believe.

HTC is the only major player to not have their own mobile platform. LG and Sony? They are irrelevant.

So, Now this new one Belle or S^4 would be an update only for S^3 handsets or they gonna launch separate models for this .

Belle is S4?

----------

From Wikipedia:

Symbian Belle is an update to Symbian Anna. In the summer of 2011 some videos showing an early version of Belle on N8 was published on YouTube.
Symbian^4 was expected to be released in the first half of 2011. However, Nokia announced in October 2010 that Symbian^4 will not ship in a separate release. Instead, many of the UI enhancements planned for Symbian^4 will be released as updates to Symbian^3.

Symbian - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I gt this info from some N8 forum that its S^4. Also if Belle is an update of Anna, then wt makes Nokia release 2 major updates in a single month.

as the wikipedia content states. symbian 4 was discarded and Nokia is releasing the updates in batches through these minor version releases. anna and belle are progressive updates. similar to android 2.0/2.1/2.2/2.3.

Need to take screen shots of Anna today so that I could spot the differences when Belle is released tomorrow .

i doubt belle would be released tomorrow for n8. 😀 anna was just released for n8 recently right? tomorrow we would see an announcement with some demos. Nokia would launch 50x/60x/70x devices based on belle. and their current devices might get the belle update after a couple of months. 😀

🙁 You are rite. 1st they will try to get some money encashed. May be that can be the reason they lured us with Anna Update .

at least the good thing is that their future device names would make sense. higher number would mean better hardware.

Even I feel that wrt hardware, they have already shown significant improvement since launch of S^3 OS.

n9 looks lovely and a similar phone with WP7 is likely to be one of their first Mango smartphones. n8 looks awesome too. the software. is. the. problem.

N9 is Meego.

Nokia is unlikely to waste a good design. So they are likely to use a similar design for their first Mango device.

And... Stephen Elop actually showed a prototype during a recent conference.

----------

https://youtube.com/watch?v=wCTH7rBoGck&feature=player_embedded

i want to punch this guy in the face whenever i see him.