• Thread starter Thread starter experience
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 2,347

experience

Nuit incroyable.
ISP
SK Broadband
It is really pain in the arse to update BB Os.You need an active subscription to get the update but here's a trick I found out to update it. All other methods lurking around the internet couldn't help me as I've not subscribed to the subscription.1)Download the BB DM from your carriers website.2)Download the latest blackberry update for your phone from blackberry's website.3)Download BBSAK. (Google it)4)Exit all the BB app's running background in your PC.5)Run the BBSAK.exe and click 'wipe device'. 6)Now your mobile will restart and show "RELOAD SOFTWARE 507" error.7)Now run DM and it will connect your phone and start updating.NOTE :If you run DM normally it will say that you need to have active subscription to run the update.Thanks.

Well what do you know?! What are the freakin odds of going through the very same thing at the same time, and then when about to RANT about it on the forum, I actually find a post with the workaround!!! Damn Sachin if you were a girl I swear I would have humped your brains out in gratitude for saving me from getting a bunch more grey hairs out of tension, but since your a guy, I would stick to the pat on the back, some loud applause, and what the heck, a Hug as a gesture of A TRUCKLOAD OF THANKS and appreciation for your post!!! The Reason Below:I freakin sat and tried to update my Blackberry 9000 bold since I saw some news about updated BBAW and OS update on Techtree or something, which was already on 5.0 and since it came failed, read some moronic sites that mentioned reinstalling the same version again or downgrading on failure to update! Then when I did that, guess what?! All the freakin applications to contacts to everything was wiped out with inability to do any damn thing, but stare at a REALLY freakin Downgraded version of Blackberry Bold 9000 at the end, and come to think of it, I spent three damn days and nights researching what stuff to put on it and brought it to a decent level the last time round, when I was stuck between pimping up both this and an N97 from scratch!!!Man I really have to rub it in though that this is a freakin S#itty deal on the part of Blackberry B@skets because I am already updating it on the Wifi which is again A PAID Service I am using with my freakin' BSNL connection now why in the F#*K do they want me to pay extra for another service just to get a Device update that used to be readily available previously?! Are they freakin kidding me 800 plus bucks for a prepaid for 30 days that's more than my broadband connection fees!!! And trust me I am happy connecting to my devices via the wifi broadband connection at home for these so called Ch**thiy@@n updates for these so called super smart devices! yeah Right Smart My Freakin Ar$e!!! And not like the update did anything to solve the whole Qwertz to Qwerty issue that I still seem to have on this mobile which I am now in a dilemma to either Burn or Take a Hammer and Let all my bad emotions out on it!!!I freakin LMAO at the price mentioned on the BSNL site for the 9000 Bold 31 plus thousand!!! Come to think of it just knowing that I will have to sit through the crappy situation I am in and again do all the bollocks from scratch of installing a theme getting the Blackberry App World, searching what to do about the now missing Office apps etc is really pissing me off big time! The thing is the first thing I will do is save my Contacts as backup on my N97 because F#@K No am I sitting and re entering 700+ contacts on my phone manually and then go through the process of getting those onto the blackberry which again only saves some fields and not all!Let's see how things turn out and A STERN WARNING TO ALL OUT THERE! Don't Do Anything Without Backing Up Your Stuff or Pay the Price, I mean freakin Literally!!! (Or Else there's this dude's method to save the day, but unfortunately not the other things that you lost)Thanks once again from the bottom of my underwear(err in case you didn't know that's where a man's heart is supposed to be, refer to some T-shirts for facts) lol! No seriously, bro and dude, I really REALLY appreciate the timely post that helped, but hope next time we see some crappy update news on a tech site we don't jump the gun without doing some research!!!:frown:: Please do forgive the odd method of thanks though 😉

lol that's cool but it seems 6.0 isn't compatible with the blackberry bold 9000, or it would have been cooler. Just finished with the contacts and the basic apps, now gonna do the searching for some useful free apps... 😉

Err another strange thing is that all the Gmaps GPS everything is gone, and I found out that the browser identification has to be set to Blackberry under Browser configuration in order to get back that S#it onto your phone directly from the respective sites. Hope that helps anyone who has the issue being unable to download apps from the web. Man there seems to be a multitude of apps for Android and iPhone, that too freakin FREE, whereas Blackberry sucks big time at available free apps that are of any real use to mankind!!! Blackberry Apps my ar$e and you should see the ridiculous prices of some of the apps u'll seriously LYAO well that is after a Major swearing session though!!!Any suggestions would be cool and btw I would like to reiterate that this is a freakin 9000 Bold so apps that are compatible with that would be fine...

I haven't downloaded anything from app store except some themes. Live messenger is included by default.

okay, but the thing is I think the phone has ****ed itself up big time, there seems to be updates showing after everything is installed, like asking for core applications or some shit, whereas everything has been loaded; and here's another screwed up point, the memory on the phone is too freakin less to be able to install anything on it and to add to the misery there's no option of sending the applications to the memory card and freeing up space on the phone.The blackberry site has a ****ed up method of installing apps also, one by one, slow ****ing transfer, then numerous ****ing timeouts, failures, and having to try to remember what were the ****ing apps, that you were trying to install is another headache! I was getting really impatient and pissed off, and guess what? Put a few applications and it was already freakin full and there's no proper way to select uninstall etc, just delete. Come to think of it 25 apps and done. Same thing Samsung Galaxy Pro 80 applications and still 24 mb left!!! 25 vs 80, you got to be shittin' me! That just goes to show that these ****ers never think in the practical sense and try to give some sort of bull crap excuses for keeping things the way they are where mobile features are concerned.That doesn't go for one company alone too. Every phone manufacturing company leaves out some factor or the other just because THEY Think that particular feature is not necessary and guess what? That's exactly the reason that phone just didn't get picked or was opted out from the available choices. Take the Blackberry Bold 9000 and Samsung Galaxy pro, both seem to be on the same level as far as physical structure goes, exception the Samsung doesn't have flash whereas the BB does, (they have it on the Samsung ACE though), and BOTH (Samsung and BB) don't have freakin video call camera when they have 3G!!! WTF were they thinking?! I mean seriously! Take the SE arc! Supposed to be an awesome phone, no video call camera!I think they prefer having a thousand models of phones that make no sense instead of having just a bunch of phones of that actually do have some functionality with all features that would definitely seem useful well at least not immediately to the customer but may be later. It's like saying people are all different, but then do people want to be born without hands or legs or something else missing from their body? I don't think so, when that happens we either become Handicapped or Retarded, the same goes for a phone, when something is missing, it makes them seem the same too.I know many would argue a phone is meant for only calling and speaking to someone, but then why would there need to be SMS, instant messaging apps, camera, maps etc? Because we are trying to make devices that would make the world a better place, from us having to carry multiple objects for a different purpose, and more importantly stop people from being too dumb by having access to answers to the numerous questions they keep asking others like dumb asses!Say for example web access for your numerous queries, for maps, etc that makes it USEFUL. Say camera for photos, Probably why a Samsung Galaxy S2 and a Nokia N8 would so much seem to the next best thing in our hands besides our D*@ks! Because they have almost all the features that would seem necessary, including direct pen drive access, except the stupidest ****ing question always asked on forums, which is "Will it Blend?" lol So all in all a numbing experience whilst finding out the capabilities (and of course INCAPABILITY) of different platforms of phones!I know we all are not born TATAs or Ambanis, but then at least have some model phones as Basic, Middle, and High End, not 1000 and more odd models where one gets mad on wondering WTF to choose! I know how we all like to differ, but then why don't we learn to be just like the other, if that ONE is good or sometimes GREAT and work hard towards achieving it! Unity in Diversity is nice to hear, but do we really see that happening? F#CK NO! The best example is we all have the same uniform in school! We all have the same books, but we have labels to know it is OUR Book, We all have the same features in body and we all eat the same and shit the same! We have NAMES, that's what is more than enough to identify us! If only that concept could work here! It is to some extent, but nah not really!:nonchalance:

@rusty: lol tell me something new, like haven't I heard that before!:Boy Bow:

@manu: hope only your forum posts are smaller and not the other post... 😉 haha (btw should I give you an award for doing so, don't worry one day IBF will definitely felicitate us, we'll both get one award, you for the smallest and me for the biggest!)
Err and no dude that was not the reason for editing, it was just for adding one more word! 😛layful:

----------

@Rusty: okay on a more serious note, does the wiping out cause some sort of error in the BB Desktop software noticing that the phone indeed has been updated? Things seem to be at a dead end right now. The phone when browsed through applications etc. shows the applications but in the menu the icons for the Blackberry maps etc. seem to be missing! 🙁

The thing is desktop software shows that core components etc need to be updated and don't come up highlighted whereas the phone shows that they are installed when u check the applications list and select Core from the drop down of third party, add-on and core, so I don't understand what the problem is. Same goes for the weather app and a few other applications that were previously there but now are all either showing up and not there in the menu available for activation. I shudder at the thought of wiping the whole damn thing out again and reinstalling.

By any chance do you think they(service providers) could have devised a method to screw up the installation so that the 3g plan WILL have to be used in order to activate or install the same, as I saw that Blackberry Services seems to be all over the place for each provider and the services mentioned means the applications would have to use that access to get its respective data over the network and not Wi-fi. This wasn't an issue the last time round though, everything went butter smooth with the installation and updates all over the Wi-fi network itself, so really pissed at the moment thinking how to get the phone working the way it should.

As of now still in BB desktop software it shows core components dulled out yet as needed to be updated! Maps etc show up as installed yet are not to be found on the device! So am lost. Any help would be appreciated and if it really mattered, NO! ALL THIS CANNOT be explained to ANYONE or BY Anyone just in a sentence!!!:Boy Write:

Wipind clears out everything but thats what we get from the new update, we get the whole OS, Updated + old combined.

Hi Rusty, Just to confirm I took the prepaid Rs. 399 2G blackberry services pack of BSNL and then confirmed my doubt that it is operator level blocking, so that we will be FORCED to take these services instead of just being able to continue with the normal GPRS/EDGE or 3G!!! I asked them to explain to me the need for a SEPARATE service when we already are paying for the plan and over wifi means also that is not a freakin free service! Then Why ADD ONE MORE?!!! To which all I got was a blank face with no reply! 🙁I told them look I think I know why the fcuk this is done! Most probably so that the data will be routed through the service provider and things can be tracked via their networks to keep a so called tag on our doings! Like we are all fcuking terrorists or something and the so called powers that be are so HONEST and straightforward! I mean THEY are the freakin ones who need to be under surveillance considering the number of fcuking scams and shit they brought out just in a matter of a year!!!This is a real shameful tactic and deserves to be questioned to the TRAI or whichever body that is interested in trying to employ such pathetic illogical stances! I mean seriously think of it this way, instead of paying a measly 100 to 200 bucks and finishing your month's expense in regards to communication and the WWW, you will have to pay 399 or near 1000 bucks EXTRA for a fcuking month of use! That too to add to the already taken voice plan charges per month then the internet connection taken for so called WiFi so that we will be able to connect our devices over the air when at home, instead of incurring separate charges all over again!Real pathetic is all I can Freakin Say! I am just about going to do my final checkup on the blackberry device updates, etc and then will realize how they are planning to fcuk us all over with a so called SECURITY measure to invade the privacy of customers when it is none of their freakin business to be snooping on people unnecessarily and leave things as is if it is working fine that way itself! In fact, WE should ask for a clause to allow us, the citizens of our country, to have FULL access to their so called lives and accounts! Wonder How they would react if that was the case?!Well then let's see if the other missing icons too turn up! So far the Blackberry Maps, Security etc were all missing now they suddenly appeared out of nowhere! So just a random check and will keep u posted on my findings in due time... I hope there's enough space though for that crap to go through! Fingers crossed and hair torn out I step into the well of misfortune! 🙁 lol God Save My Soul!