Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 1,432
looks nice.but Sony really does make good walkman phones with surprisingly better sound quality.i think the the walkman and android combination would work for them provided the phone has the latest android. 😉

Last year after long wait, I had bought this phone.

Phone feature wise is excellent. I have upgraded it to ICS. Its stable and fast with ICS as well.

Battery is poor BUT if you root it and remove Facebook and Yahoo mail app. It lasts about 2 and half days. (standby)

With non-stop 3G use, battery drains in 2 to 3 hrs.

BUT BUT.. Sony SERVICE IN INDIA IS HORRIBLE!! HORRIBLE MEANS REALLY REALLY HORRIBLE.

SO I WOULD SAY DO NOT BUY SONY PHONES TILL THEY HAVE OFFICIAL SONY SERVICE CENTERS and not a 3rd party tie up.

Yes, I compared it with iPod. Sound was equal if not better. That made me wonder, why people buy ipod! 😀

Abt bad experience, touchscreen had gone bad. They didnt repair it for 1 month. They kept on saying wait 2-3 days for days and days. They never do a PROMISED call back. They never answer your email. (except stating that it will be responded in 3 business days)

They blame all this mess on Sony and Ericsson split.

And what more, I checked there official forum (which is run by UK moderators). People are ALL COMPLAINING ABOUT Sony India and horrible experience. Guys are complaining abt 3 months of delay!!

So as of now, if you are purchasing Sony mobiles. PLEASE DO NOT!

I had tested both iPod and Walkman phone (W800,W810 & W580)I tested with both Bose (earphones and car speakers) and Woofer.iPod was no way near Walkman player!BTW the Sony phones now a days does not make good phones as in 2006,2007 et al