Blackberry Bold 9900 or Sony Xperia Arc or Galaxy S II

experience

Nuit incroyable.
[OP]
Regulars
Dec 28, 2010

Ok, I'm gonna buy one of 'em from reliance mall tomorrow.Galaxy S II is out of stock there so thinking of alternatives. I'm not gonna buy online as I need it tomorrow (iPhone dead is the reason).Xperia looks great so does the bold with slim design.Suggestions.

experience

Nuit incroyable.
[OP]
Regulars
Dec 28, 2010

Sensation Noo.. for some reasons which even I don't know. :(

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
seriously. galaxy s 2 has no competition from the other two. the only comparable model is sensation and even that has lesser RAM than S2. if you want your money's worth, get the S2. even if it means you would have to wait for a day or two. order from flipkart if you need it the fastest. order from ebay if you want to get it the cheapest. arc has nothing on s2. blackberry? you do not compare blackberry with android phones unless you have a specific requirement for a blackberry model. if you cannot wait, sensation is a better buy than any of the alternatives over S2.

experience

Nuit incroyable.
[OP]
Regulars
Dec 28, 2010

Ok, so sensation from your side. I'll consider.

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
the thing is simple... go for arc if you like the phone. not because S2 is not available. arc is a beautiful phone no doubt. but its not worth the price sony is currently charging for it. s2 might be better than sensation on paper... but sensation is still a much better product over arc. and has better software compared to what samsung offers on the s2. as for blackberry. it is not a consumer phone. so it is not something that should be considered unless you need it specifically for your line of work!

maniaco

Regulars
Regulars
Jun 6, 2008
Bengaluru
Dont go for Xperia models at all. My wife has the SE Xperia X10 and its pretty bad phone. Got the 2.3 update and since then most of the applications keep crashing, the music player also doesnt open now. She has been cursing me since I updated the phone to 2.3 version.The battery life is also not that great, Its been only 1.5 years and the battery needs to be charged everyday.

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
arc has mostly positive reviews. you really cannot compare sony's previous generation android phones to their new ones. :)