Does TS HD give upscaled channels?

• Thread starter Thread starter Crumb
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 2,671

Crumb

ISP
Cable
I recently bought a 40" Samsung Smart TV, and I already have a TS SD connecton. Now I'm planning to upgrade to TS HD.I know that I will get access to 8 True HD channels with TS HD, but what about the rest? Does it give an upscaled telecast of other channels like Sony, Zee TV, SAB, Colors, etc? BIG TV mentions that they provide 250 HD channels, which I'm sure most of them are upscaled. But TS does advertise so, so I was wondering whether they upscale their telecasts or not?And is there much of a quality difference between TS SD and HD when non-True HD channels are concerned?Thanks.

Congratulations for ur HD LED TV buddy 🙂Regarding Upscaled HD, TS has only 8 True HD as you are aware of that. Rest all are SD. Upscaled SD are only in Dish TV and RDTV. Yes difference would definately be there in case of TS SD and HD if you use HDMI Cable . For composite AV Cables, there won't be much difference.

Thanks a lot IndianMascot for your helpful reply, and the congratulations. 🙂Do you think whether I should upgrade to TS HD, keeping in mind there wouldn't be a big improvement as its still going to be SD for most of the channels? Or should I move on to Dish TV or RDTV?Thanks.

Upscaled HD looks crap. Don't go for that.

I believe it is crap when you compare it with True HD, but what if you compare it with SD. What say?

I watch star movies and star world in hd and it is worth it on my 50' full hd plasma.... but the main reason i would recommend HD+ is because of the 500GB hard disk. That alone makes my life much simpler. No more waiting for my favourite shows and movies to come on tv. I just record it and watch it at any time i want.

I believe it is crap when you compare it with True HD, but what if you compare it with SD. What say?

Few upscaled channels luks even worse than normal SD channels in DishTru HD 😉

You should go for HD+ because:1. HD is the future2. If you have a home theatre, then the experience is great with HD channels (you should connect the STB to home theatre with digital coaxial cable)3. No ad breaks, particularly useful in movies and sports channels4. Record and watch at your convenienceGo ahead and enjoy HD.....