Gmail of Android Need some help!!!

aviral sangal

Senior
ISP
Tikona
Hello everyone,I have created different labels to sort out emails in my Gmail and these directly land in the defined label not in inbox. So whenever i get an email that has to go to label do not give any notification on phone.I want to have notifications for every email and i do not want to disturb my label pattern. Can anything be done??

i thought the latest version enables you to have sounds for labels. 😕

Save bandwidth and battery by only syncing priority mail
Use label notifications to mash up filters, labels, and ringtones
Remember ‘Show Pictures’ for senders
Turn off sticky message actions in landscape or all orientations
Better TalkBack support for accessibility
Performance improvements

ok. i checked it should exist. make sure you have the latest gmail app for android. it was recently updated and notifications were added in that. make sure you turn on sync for the labels you want notifications for. then go into settings. go to notifications. it would show all the labels that are marked for sync. you can turn on multiple types of notifications for each label individually.

upgraded gmail version from 2.3.4.1 to 2.3.5. Now i have the option for the label notification. But strangely market didnt notify me of update

i bet you have the new google market app right? it is shitty. has not informed me of several updates. i have to get them manually. i read about the gmail app update on their blog. checked on my phone. android market had no alert for me. checked manually, and yup... i got the latest version. 🙂 i did post about the app update on the forum but then it is hard to keep an eye on all the posts. 🙂

i bet you have the new google market app right?

it is shitty. has not informed me of several updates.

i have to get them manually.

i read about the gmail app update on their blog. checked on my phone. android market had no alert for me. checked manually, and yup... i got the latest version. 🙂

i did post about the app update on the forum but then it is hard to keep an eye on all the posts. 🙂

Yes exactly new market does not give notification for updates. Thank you very much for a quick solution 🙂

Download the apk files and try it.I installed it, was pissed off in two days.It was taking 20 minutes to even show the apps installed.

Okay! I exaggerated 😛But, yeah it was connecting to network and was then taking forever, even on H+I have no idea why it needs to connect to the network to show the apps installed on my phone.