• Thread starter Thread starter pkarthik24
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 1,445

pkarthik24

Regular
ISP
BSNL
I saw online that New D2H HD Setup box for Rs.1690 + Rs.1000 (Installation) = Rs.2690/- in that if we are upgrading (D2H will take our old Setup box) and they will give Rs.1000/- credit in our viewing account.My question?In that why they need Rs.1000/- Installation charges again? if that only giving us credit in our account, then its not the better deal... am i right?

Our suggestion is - better go for HD DVR if u really want to upgrade. Its an experience gained by 1 of the fellow member - IndianMascot.

It will cost you Rs4490 to upgrade to HDDvr and you get Rs1000 as cash back into your account. But just chk whether HD dvrs avl in Tirupathi or not as online sales for the same is nor avl as per their website.

I will be very happy something like MNP for this Satellite Box so that we can invest in it... else when ever we change to different Operator the cost is holding our neck...

Thats obvious, we are helpless in that matter. But generally we dont need to change the provider much. No DTH player provides such pathetic service, that u have to actually change that provider. Yes, the only thing is - when buying one service, u have to see the pros & cons of all the players & decide which pros & cons of which company are acceptable to u.And about the difference between HD DVR & Simple HD box, u get a really worth facility of Play/Pause/Rewind/Record.........Instead of 2600, u spend 4500 once - but its worth it.

Jayim is absolutely correct. Its better to go with HD DVR rather than HD Zapper. Even if you don't have requirement of Recording, DVR came with additional advantage to Pause, Rewind and Forward Live TV. Along with that HD DVR had complete set of AV Output Port. HD Zapper has only HDMI and SPDIF port for Audio-Video Output, whereas HD DVR has HDMI, SPDIF, Composite Video Out, Analog Video Out along with Analog and Digital Audio Out Ports.So, better go for HD DVR which will be fully compatible for your LED TV as well as Home Theatre .