• Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 2,340

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
I found this service a while ago but tried it today after Kalpik tweeted about it.

It seems to work wonderfully on my Nexus S.

You might want to get it too! Android Lost

This app can be uninstalled so...wont be handy when thief do a hard reset

Its seems to be similar kinda of Blackberry Protect but controls are quite more as compared to Blackberry Protect.

duh. if the phone is reset (or a computer is formatted), nothing can help you right? i find it useful for features like:Send SMS'es from your PCRemote control alarm (tried it. really loud alarm. would come handy when i cannot locate my phone). Pop up messages on the phoneand of course remote wiping and erasing the SD card is also handy.

No battery use
AndroidLost will not use any battery since it does not poll any server to find out if it is lost. It uses the latest technology from google to send messages to the phone.

duh. if the phone is reset (or a computer is formatted), nothing can help you right?

i find it useful for features like:

Send SMS'es from your PC
Remote control alarm (tried it. really loud alarm. would come handy when i cannot locate my phone).
Pop up messages on the phone

and of course remote wiping and erasing the SD card is also handy.

The Galaxy S2 comes with similar features inbuilt into it from Samsung .. so even if it if factory reset .. the feature will be there .. and when you loose your phone .. you can just log on to your Samsung account .. and locate, lock or wipe clean your phone ..

Nokia also comes with a similar App .. don't remember the name .. its free for certain handsets .. but it has all the remote alarm and send SMS features .. it also shows the number of the SIM that is currently inserted in your phone ..

Microsoft MyPhone is similar service for windows phone

The app for Nokia is wave secure.

Spot On 🙂 .. i tried the alarm feature of it once .. and was absolutely white faced when it sounded ... it was like a scream in a horror movie 😱

so you are saying that even if someone resets a samsung Galaxy s ii, it retains the connection with the original owner? how would you sell the device to someone else then? 😕

When I read thread title, I thought operamaniac lost his android and i opened the thread to give him some solace! 😀

no admin. the s2 feature is exactly like android lost. after a factory reset you have to feed the samsung credentials again unless u keep it on an external SD and explicitly tell the phone not to disturb the external memory during the factory reset process.

When I read thread title, I thought operamaniac lost his android and i opened the thread to give him some solace! 😀

haha. i think there is a very little possibility of me losing the phone.

i am at home pretty much all the time. and whenever i am out, i am playing around with the phone. it usually does not get rest when i am outside home.