Where To Buy Wireless Broadband Modem In Chennai / Bangalore / Coimbatore

• Thread starter Thread starter senthiln
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 24,059

senthiln

I have a laptop and a desktop. I am also planning to buy one more PC. So I like to have a broadband ADSL modem with multiple ethernet ports and Wi-Fi port. After googling this forum and other internet sites, D-Link G604T seems to be the best equipment which has modem and wireless integrated in a single piece. Correct me if there are other better value for money alternatives. I want to buy 604T( or other suggested alternative equpment) broadband modem with ethernet cum WLAN in Chennai or Bangalore.Where can I buy this in Chennai or Bangalore for a reasonable price? Give the address and phone number.What is the best available price for G604T ( or suggested alternative) in the market? Does it come with a warranty? Will BSNL guys make any fuss or cause unnecessary headache if we buy and install our own modem without seeking their assistance? Share your experience.Thanks in advanceSenthil

I'd suggest to contact D-Link for specific information
about Dealers & prices .
http://www.dlink.co.in/dlink/Contacts/branches.htm

All modems / routers should have a warranty of atleast
3 months . It can be 6 months / 1 year depending on
company .

Hoping that you donot have troublesome Local BSNL ...

It is our right to get our own modem . BSNL does not
assist in configuring this modem . And It will not make
unwarranted headaches ; BSNL will not support in modem
related troubles if we buy modem from market .

Thanks for the info. Do you have an opinion about G604T modem cum router. Have you or your friends encountered any problems like link drop while using G604T? What are other comparable alternatives. For example from Linksys or Broadcom or TexasInstruments?

D-Link distributor in chennai quoted approximately 5300 Rs for the G604T modem cum WLAN router. It is too expensive when compared to BSNL Type 4 modem. I am not planning to buy G604T.