MTNL's FREEDOM OFFER

• Thread starter Thread starter pujaari
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 64
  • Views Views 20,381
Hmm does make sense.. called mtnl and he went on saying it's all automatic and whenever you have speed lesser than promised we automatically change it.. and it's a complex code which will be checked as to why you are not getting the speeds.. dam the guy did make some sense though..

Applied for the change of plan (1mbps UL to Freedom 800). Plan got changed yesterday but internet no more works. All lights are lit on the modem and here are the results of the test I ran
[TABLE="class: mainContentTable, width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TD="class: diagheader, colspan: 3"]Testing Connectivity to modem[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: alignleft, width: 400"]Testing Ethernet connection[/TD]
[TD="class: alignmiddle, colspan: 2"]PASS[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: diagheader, colspan: 3"]Testing ADSL Connection[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: alignleft, width: 400"]Testing ADSL line for sync[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: diagheader, colspan: 3"]Testing Circuit for Network Connection[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: alignleft, width: 400"]Testing Ethernet connection to ATM[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: alignleft, width: 400"]Testing ATM OAM segment ping[/TD]
[TD="class: alignmiddle, colspan: 2"]FAIL[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: alignleft, width: 400"]Testing ATM OAM end to end ping[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: alignleft, width: 400"]Testing PPPoE server connectivity[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: alignleft, width: 400"]Testing PPPoE server session[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: alignleft, width: 400"]Testing authentication with server[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: alignleft, width: 400"]Validating assigned IP address 0.0.0.0[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: diagheader, colspan: 3"]Testing Internet Connectivity[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: alignleft, width: 400"]Ping default gateway 0.0.0.0[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: alignleft, width: 400"]Ping Primary Domain Name Server[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: alignleft, width: 400"]Query DNS for www.alphanetworks.com[/TD]
[TD="class: alignmiddle, colspan: 2"]FAIL
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: alignleft, width: 400"]Ping www.alphanetworks.com[/TD]
[TD="class: alignmiddle, colspan: 2"]FAIL
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Seems to be a problem at MTNL end, hence have registered a complaint through IVRS
Any pointers?

Well in my case the same thing happened the reason was they when they change your plan to a higher speed they shift you from Erircson to Huawei system and they take time in doing so. This might have happened in your case too. During the transition period the lights on the modem would remain lit but the net won't work.

By the way I am curious how is that they changed your plan in the middle of the month - they typically do that from the next month onwards

----------

Hmm does make sense.. called mtnl and he went on saying it's all automatic and whenever you have speed lesser than promised we automatically change it.. and it's a complex code which will be checked as to why you are not getting the speeds.. dam the guy did make some sense though..

So did go get anywhere with them? I mean about the constant 2 mpbs speed.

I know but they did that the day after I called them up to do so. Before I could ask when the plan will be effective from, the aunty hung up on me.

9days today and Internet still not working. I. Have emailed deadsl, registered the complaint on ivrs, complained online, registered a complaint with cc executive on 1504 but nothing has been done. Any other way to escalate the issue? It's tough for me to miss work and go to the exchange.

9days today and Internet still not working. I. Have emailed deadsl, registered the complaint on ivrs, complained online, registered a complaint with cc executive on 1504 but nothing has been done. Any other way to escalate the issue?
It's tough for me to miss work and go to the exchange.

Call 1500 and register complaint and then ask aunty there what is the problem - why is it not working, request her to let you talk to her supervisor. God willing you would get to know where is the matter stuck, then you would be in a better position to take action.

Thanks Indic. Nice speeds at night now. I anyways return from work at 8 in the evening, so it is a good plan for me.

heyy guys i'll admire some help from u guys ...that i want to take a new mtnl connection for broadband with freedom 800 plan is it gud ?and how much time will they take to activate plan.? last one ...tht from 11 am to 8 pm does it give 2mbps or not ?plss reply guys ....thankful 2 u

Mtnl does provide the speeds as promised. You can wait for someone with the above mentioned plan to reply though .

I have upgraded from 599 to 800 NU plan. It just got updated today so I'll post my review in a few days...I can only tell you that in my area that is Rohini Delhi, MTNL is providing good services and speed is as promised..I myself kicked AIRTEL few months back and I'm satisfied with MTNL

At night time I am getting 1.7-1.8 mbps...going to file a complaint tomorrow....its like the OP said about calling up Server room to increase the downstream sync as it is 2048 for my modem at present

At night time I am getting 1.7-1.8 mbps...going to file a complaint tomorrow....its like the OP said about calling up Server room to increase the downstream sync as it is 2048 for my modem at present

Any Progress on this regard ? I too am facing the same issues. Have complained and even called the server room (23317722).They just restarted my modem online and said it'll be ok at night. But it remains the same. Why i dont wanna make issue out of this is cos day time speed is full 512 kbps ( i get 62-64 KB per second) and night time it is 200-202 KB per second.Best part is that 2mbps starts at 8-8:15 every nigt instead of 11pm and at times it remains till 1 pm next day