MTNL's FREEDOM OFFER

• Thread starter Thread starter pujaari
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 64
  • Views Views 20,403
In the freedom 800 plan ,do speed will get automatically changed from 512 kbps to 2 Mbps and vice-versa or we have to on/off our modem as we have to do in 749NU plan?? Please answe..thanks

You dont have to on/off modem. It will happen automatically...i.e. ur connection will disconnect and reconnect.

Does the plan change occur only on the first of every month or can we do it in between? Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

^ Plan change occurs form the start of next month.Thats what MTNL told me when I changed my plan from 512Kbps to 1Mbps unlimited

Wow. Great plans from MTNL. Why can't BSNL come up with similar plans ???

For the 512 kbps day and 2 mbps night.. unlimited no FUP.. 😀 I can wait for night.. but I couldn't go for limited plans 🙂

I too applied for the same plan - freedom 800. It was suppose to begin from 1st of September but it has not. Have been calling 1500 (cust. care), they keep telling me it will begin soon. 🙁

What about you? Has it been implemented for you? Other members who have applied for change of plan, from 1st Sept. has anyone been updated?

I too applied for the same plan - freedom 800. It was suppose to begin from 1st of September but it has not. Have been calling 1500 (cust. care), they keep telling me it will begin soon. 🙁

What about you? Has it been implemented for you? Other members who have applied for change of plan, from 1st Sept. has anyone been updated?
If u have no. of ur exchange then call them directly if don't have then simply register a complaint at 1504, (reason not getting speed as per plan) so that u get call from local exchange, and then explain ur issue directly to the person who handles broadband issue of ur area

Sorry to reply so late.. my plan was activated on the 2nd or 3rd as far as I remember..

Well mine took longer. It got activated around 8th-9th.

----------

If u have no. of ur exchange then call them directly if don't have then simply register a complaint at 1504, (reason not getting speed as per plan) so that u get call from local exchange, and then explain ur issue directly to the person who handles broadband issue of ur area

I did that and much more! Escalated to even higher levels. Didn't help much as they were doing some system upgrade and the whole process took more than a week.

Yeah and the speeds are not really 2 Mbps.. reach 1.5 - 1.6 usually and my highest has been 1.88..

For me too its around 1.7-1.75.

What about day-night does it begin promptly and cut off promptly at 11pm and 8 pm?

Starts promptly after 11pm.. with a disconnection :-D.. Happens automatically though.. And sometimes it goes till 10-11 am.. but usually 8 am 🙁

Starts promptly after 11pm.. with a disconnection :-D.. Happens automatically though.. And sometimes it goes till 10-11 am.. but usually 8 am 🙁

Ditto

Need to complain.. because the offer doesn't say up to 2mbps it says 2mbps which we are not getting.. it barely reached 1-1.2 mbps last night.. Where in delhi do u live?? I live in Dwarka..

Since it is ADSL, check your modem for downstream sync rate. If you are synced at 2048 kbps downstream, You will never get exactly 2.0 Mbps. It will always be 1.8-1.9 Mbps. Now to get 2.0 Mbps, call up server room and get them to change your downstream sync profile to 4096 kbps. (If your line and modem can handle).I got them to change mine and speeds always stay at 2.0 mbps.