Will BSNL ever provide some high speed tariff at reasonable rates ?

• Thread starter Thread starter icycool25
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 2,453

icycool25

Greatest P2P Downloader
ISP
BSNL Broadband 750 UL @ Rs.500 pm
Hi All,Its been long since I have been in this forum as I was busy. :nonchalance:Currently I am using Unlimited Data at Rs.499 per month at a snail speed of 256 kbps from BSNL. However I am disgusted with 256 kbps. There was a time (in mid 2008) when I was on Home 500 with 2 Mbps speed plus Unlimited Data transfer at night !! Anyways, like a fool I changed my plan to UL BB@499 in early 2009 & since then I am stuck with 256 kbps. I am really looking forward to some unlimited 1 Mbps plans from BSNL however the cost factor seems to demotivate us. Other operators are not an alternative for me as in my area BSNL is the only BB ISP. But in any case, even Airtel has their crap FUPs on them...!!So will BSNL ever come up with some cost effective plans with higher speeds compared to the ones at present ?And any good plans from BSNL which I can switch too coz 256 kbps is just making me live in stone age !!!Regards.

were BB Internet ever was at reasonable tariff in India?i used to get 256kbps on my dial-up connection back in 2002if i have to decide tariff of 256kbps UL BB it shouldn't be more than 250/-then only 256kbps tariff can be called reasonableIndia's BB is still at stone age🙁Its 2011 & Internet is still at unreasonable tariff. Tata Indicom still ask for 1000/- month for 256kbps UL

Best Revenge you can take against such companies is just leave their service and switch to others.

@bsnlboy, You are indeed true. When was ever the BB tariffs reasonable ? Its still the same old tariffs with the same old speeds ! @sixfeetdown,Can you please suggest some better offers from competition ? (Though my area has only BSNL, there is no harm in knowing!)

i really think bsnl is banking on ftth rollout. may be they will launch more affordable and high speed plans when the FTTH rollout will be complete and pan India. Fiber backhaul is also mandatory for this ftth hence may be dsl lines may also get the benefit as the node will come closer to them and the distance-speed drop problem may be minimized.

Check out the UL900 & UL1350 plans - unlimited 4mbps plans but comes with fair usage of 8 & 20gb respectively, after which speeds will be reduced to 256kbps for UL900 & 512kbps for UL1350Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

@devx101,

Thanks for that informative reply! I am really waiting for BSNL to launch some aggressive tariffs, its been ages since they last revised their plans! Lets hope the FTTH rollout brings in some good news.

----------

@madhusudhan7,

The UL 900 seems to be a good deal but 4 Mbps till 8 GB is the catch! After that, it gets down to 256 kbps...!! 🙁 Any idea about the recent Airtel plans, I guess they are giving 2 Mbps at low rentals !

Even the Airtel BB plans have silly FUP limits. Isn't there any 'True Unlimited' 1 Mbps plan with BSNL ? I guess they had one at Rs.1300 something !!

hi icycool, please mention your budget. I am using UL 750 (512 Kbps unlimited). Meets normal needs. If you avoid 1-2 GB files, movie downloads are also decent. They have withdrawn home 500, but you can still go for Home Combo 600 with 2.5 GB day limit if your day time usage is less. There is no unlimited 1 Mbps at this time. The best for domestic user is ULD 1350 which gives 4 Mbps till 20 GB and 512 Kbps afterwards. But it is a bit costly.

This may help

BB Plan Selector

@meetdilip,I can go upto Rs.1000 per month but the speeds must be decent with a good usage limit ! What do you suggest within Rs.1000 ?

Get two BB lines, (1) one UL750 line for 24X7 downloading = give you abt 100 GB/month, and (2) get one Home500C for night unlimited only, gives you another 100GB/month. Total 200GB/month @ Rs1250/-.

@meetdilip,

I can go upto Rs.1000 per month but the speeds must be decent with a good usage limit ! What do you suggest within Rs.1000 ?

Bandwidth is costly. Though Rs. 1,000 is a big amount, we can't get both speed and data at this price. It is a choice you have to make. Either choose UL 750 and get 512 Kbps unlimited (the speed is decent. I am quite happy with it) or try Home Combo 600 which has 2.5 GB day time limit with 2 Mbps speed and night unlimited. Or simply opt for Combo 500 or Combo 600 along with your current UL 499. One will give good speed and other can be used for day time browsing. If you can extent you budget a bit, then try Home 500 and Home Combo UL 750.

@mrityu12 & @meetdilip,A big thanks to both of you for your suggestions. 2 BB lines at the same time would be a bit costly. However, the UL 750 with 512 kbps speed seems to be a good deal for me. Think will shift over to that !